vintage HPR plans wanted !!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green dragon

Reaction score
Calling on any old timers and/ or historians for early HPR designs / plans.

Specifically, my wish list includes :

Astro Dynamics - ANY

Eagle Aerospace - ANY

XPRS ( Xperimental Rocket Systems ) - ANY

SSRS / Crown - LASOR 164 , Spartan, Unicorn

Pro- Jet / Composite Dynamics - Starfire

Stargate - Aero-Ram

ACE - Fugue , ALLEGRO LARGO ( desperate for this one :) , Lucerne
Special , ? Squid

Model Aviation Fuels - Sentry, Minotaur

I have a few plans for trade, info available, so send requests ... looking to save the info for posterity, and build some of these LDRS 1 candidates :)

~ AL Swackhammer

Tripoli 090

Al-

I have a Mini Allegro...I think that the Allegro Largo may have had the same dimensions proportionally. I can send you some measurements and pics if ya like. The Allegro Largo had a 4" main airframe and 3 1.5" motor mounts, right?

I also have a the 4X18mm Allegro, still in a bag. I forget what it is called. It has what looks to be a 1.9" body tube.

I have a bunch of AAA Model Aviation - Nike Ram, Magnum PA Crude, PA Crude, Super Bandit, Cherokee G, and Aerobee-Hi. They made some great kits!

I have a Wasatch Rocketry SST Glider too, also unbuilt.

Jason

Jason,

would be interested in what dimensions you have on the Mini Allegro .

Allegro Largo, from what I remember / can dig up - was originally a 4" bird, with 3 x 1.9" tubes, then 29mm mounts in those ( originally for 3 x G motors, later, possibly could have been offered with 38mm mounts ) .

I have a mini Allegro unbuuilt, as well as a clone I have flown for years - the one I have IS the 4 x 18mm version... also, the original Allegro was a 4 x 24mm in 2.4" dia.. not sure when the birds changed to 3 clusters, although I had a 'legal allegro' that was 3 x 24mm in 2.25" ( with foam Stargates cone ) .

The AAA you mention I htink I have most of, I have Nike Ram Magnum, PA Crude and the 1.6" Aerobee plans, dont have the Bandit or magnum crude, but might be easily built if needed ( send what you have ? ) .
My brother HAD a Minotaur ( 3.5" od, super heavy wall tubing, used the top half of the maxi Honest John cone, and lower section as boatail ), but we seem to n0t have the patterns or plans :(

I also have a few others if you want plans ( ie: fins patterns, lengths, I don't always have the actua; 'instructions' ) .
Crown LASOR 114,134. Pro-Jet longstar, Ace Mini Allegro, Legal Allegro, Ultra.
AAA as noted, plus Lasersonics 775,1.2,1.2+ , old US Rockets plans, have to look to see what else.

Let me know if you run acrossed any or know someone with plans or kits/ builtups they would trace measure.

( I'm getting into this vintage HPR thing, time NOW to try to save the info before it's gone forever )

~ AL

Al-

Yes, I agree. A lot of this stuff could be lost forever and that would be a shame. It's odd to me that there isn't more interest in vintage HPR, since there is much interest in vintage MPR. Maybe it's because so many high power guys only think bigger is better, and so instead of trying to figure out how to stage or cluster they just buy a big motor and put it in a big rocket.

I haven't really used Rocksim, but I'm thinking that I should buy it and then make some digital copies of these plans.

I will PM you regarding the info you'd like.

Jason

Latest posts

Back