LOC - Bruiser (PK-88) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDcluster

Reaction score
BruiserPad2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my LOC Bruiser. I'll be attempting my L2 cert on the 14th next month on a CTI 38mm 6XL J453 white. I sent Mark at Stickershock a sketch of what I wanted and he nailed it on the first try.

pirate (2).JPG

Can somebody clue me in as to the difference between the EXP and Bruiser and which is the first post?

Welcome to the LOC/Precision Bruiser (PK-88) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the LOC Bruiser (PK-88) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

LOC: Bruiser: PK-88
LOC: Bruiser EXP: PK-96

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
LOC Bruiser (PK-88) Basic Information.

loc.gif
LOC/Precision

MODEL NAME: Bruiser Also known as:

NUMBER: PK-88

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x54mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 81"
Diameter: 7.765"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: One of the ADVANCED SERIES of kits, which include factory pre-slotted airframe and through-the-wall fin construction, the BRUISER is one of our largest production kits. It includes a 54mm motor mount and introduces LOC's own "TWT" Tube Within a Tube fin attachment concept keeping the overall weight to a minimum, This kit is the perfect fat Level 1 and Level 2 kit and a nice large addition to your fleet . You can fly it on an I284 for your Level 1, take the test and fly it on a J257 for your level 2 in the same day. (38mm motors require an optional MMA-4 adapter). Parachute Recovery. (LOC 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

loc-%20bruiser%20pk88%20-%202010%20cat%20livery.jpg
LOC 2010 Catalog

loc-%20bruiser%20pk88%20-%202012%20web%20livery.jpg
LOC 2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Bruiser EXP on an M2650 EX White load for the 75-7600 case.

bruiserweb.jpg

Dennis

Attachments

• bruiserweb.jpg
    bruiserweb.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 256
Last edited by a moderator:
LOC Bruiser EXP (PK-96) Basic Information.

loc.gif
LOC/Precision

MODEL NAME: Bruiser EXPAlso known as:

NUMBER: PK-96

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Cluster
Motor Mount: 1x54mm + 2x38mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 112"
Diameter: 7.765"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: One of the ADVANCED SERIES of kits, which include factory pre-slotted airframe and through-the-wall fin construction, the BRUISER-EXP is our largest production kit. It uses a central 54mm motor mount tube and 2 38mm motor mount tubes for clustering and air starts BRUISER-EXP incorporates LOC's own "TWT" Tube Within a Tube fin attachment concept keeping the overall weight to a minimum, This kit is intended for advanced Level 2 flyers and makes a huge addition to your fleet . You can fly it on an J415 with or without 2 J350s or go for the K-L motor center. I have seen it fly on a single J570 in a small field - I prefer the K1100 in mine. Skyangle Cert-3 Large Parachute Recovery. (LOC 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

loc-%20bruiser%20exp%20pk96%20-%202010%20cat%20livery.jpg
LOC 2010 Catalog

loc-%20bruiser%20exp%20pk96%20-%202012%20web%20livery.jpg
LOC 2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
marks iphone 099.jpgmarks iphone 100.jpgmarks iphone 033.jpgmarks iphone 034.jpg

Here is a Bruiser EXP it is bigger than the Bruiser We will be launching it Oct 13th 2012 in Amesbury Ma, there will be more pictures to follow! That is my house mate Leo holding it with my two liitle ones.

Last edited:
I just finished applying the decals on my Bruiser EXP3 (PK-98) today. Can't wait to fly it!
DSC00141.JPG

Next to my downscale Bruiser EXP.
DSC00147.JPG

Originally, the Bruiser consisted of one 60"long tube, 3 fins, 54 mm motor mount, and a nose cone.
The EXP adds: a 30" payload on top of the 60" tube and two 38 mm outbaords for added lifting.
Now they offer the EXP with a 3" motor mount.

JD

Can somebody clue me in as to the difference between the EXP and Bruiser and which is the first post?

Back