LOC - Cyclotron (PK-47) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
My Cyclotron was the vehicle of dashe L2 dreams. It was an easy build and was quite dependable with H and I motors. I tried to used it for an L2 qualification flight and made a lousy motor choice. It looked really nice for the first few dozen feet as it went up. It was much less nice as it disintegrated after that.

I went with a simple scheme of charcoal and bronze and printed the LOC decals out on label paper. It wasn't the best in the world but I wanted to try it and see how it went.

My TRF thread on this rocket is here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=6985

The albums are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/23694991@N03/collections/72157622686424094/

Cyc-done-2.jpg

Cyc-f1b.jpg

Cyc-f1j.jpg

Cyc-f1l.jpg

Cyc-f1d.jpg

Last edited:
378.jpg

379.jpg

405.jpg

413.jpg

414.jpg

Tony Fragge's Cyclotron. This will eventually be his Level 1 bird.

Welcome to the LOC Cyclotron (PK-47) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the LOC Cyclotron (PK-47) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

LOC: Cyclotron: PK-47

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
LOC Cyclotron (PK-47) Basic Information.

loc.gif
LOC/Precision

MODEL NAME: Cyclotron Also known as:

NUMBER: PK-47

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Tubefin, Payload
Motor Mount: 1x38mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 57"
Diameter: 3.1"
Span:
Weight: 35 oz

Mfg. Description: The CYCLOTRON gives the stable tube fin design a new dimension with the addition of LOC's exclusive airframe reducer and a payload section. Built to fly on F50 and G80 composite motors, we have increased the motor mount to 38mm to accommodate motors through I (we have reports of folks flying on J570 though we don't recommend it ourselves.) The CYCLOTRON is a very stable motor eater!

All LOC/PRECISION "PK-XX" kits include heavy duty airframe and motor mount tubes, high-grade precision-cut plywood fins, centering rings, rip-stop nylon parachute or streamer, nylon elastic shock cord and mount, launch lug, polypropolene nose cones and instructions. (LOC 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

loc-cyclotron%20pk47-2010%20cat.jpg
2010 Catalog
loc-cyclotron%20pk47-2007w.jpg
2007 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

loc-cyclotron%20pk47-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

loc-cyclotron%20pk47-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Here is my Downscale to 1" body tube.
No body tube size step down, though.
20210111_132222.jpg

MODEL NAME: Cyclotron scratch built Series-1

Type: Sport, Tubefin, Payload
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: 12" Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 20"
Diameter: 1"
Span: 3"