Centuri - Starfire Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
My Starfire is a Semroc clone. I built it for an informal parachute duration contest held by my club. On its first flight, which was not part of the competition, it caught a thermal and I wondered if it would ever come down. I know I was going to win!

When the contest came, it was a completely different story. It came down like a rock. Actually, it was not too bad, it wasn't too good either.

I used a purple and black scheme along with the white and call mine the Grapefire.

starfire-completed.jpg

Picture-021.jpg

Picture 022.jpg

Last edited:
Also the Semroc kit. I tried to duplicate the catalog scheme and used a boatload of masking tape!

Drew

IMG_6756.jpg

That rocket is on my "acquire" list. Those thin pin stripes must of been a PITA. I like it lots. Good work. Classic rocket.

Welcome to the Centuri - Starfire (KC-12 or #5072) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri - Starfire (KC-12 or #5072) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Starfire: KC-12 or #5072
Semroc: Starfire: KV-20

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Starfire (KC-12 or #5072) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

Starfire

KC-12 or #5072

Introduced: 1967
Final Year: 1982
Designer: Lee Piester

Type: Sport/Competition
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 15.8"
Diameter: 0.907"
Span:
Weight: 0.90 oz

Mfg. Description: A real high performance flyer! The STARFIRE is an excellent model for both beginning and advanced rocketeer. It lifts off the launch pad and streaks hundreds of feet skyward. At the peak altitude, a colorful parachute blossoms out and the STARFIRE returns safely for many, many more flights. NOTE!! Both a standard 12" and a large 20" chute are included with this kit - - easily interchanged. Comes complete in kit form, less engines. (Centuri 1967 Catalog)

=====

1968 Catalog text identical to 1967 Catalog

=====

A real Award Winner at the FIRST INTERNATIONAL MODEL ROCKET CHAMPIONSHIP MEET held in Dubnika, Czechoslovakia, May 1966. Designed and flown by Centuri president, Leroy Piester in the parachute duration event using a large 20" chute.

A real high performance flyer! The STARFIRE is an excellent model for both beginning and advanced rocketeer. It lifts off the launch pad and streaks hundreds of feet skyward. At peak altitude, a colorful parachute blossoms out and the STARFIRE returns safely for many, many more flights. Use 12" chute for normal flying and 20" for long recovery durations. Easy-to-change chutes. Complete in kit form with decals, less enginges. (Centuri 1969 Catalog)

=====

An award winner at the First International Model Rocketry Meet held in Czechoslovakia in 1968, this real high performance flyer comes with 12" & 20" chutes. Easy-to-change chutes. In kit form with decals. A true champion! (Centuri 1970 Christmas Catalog)

=====

An Award Winner at the FIRST INTERNATIONAL MODEL ROCKET CHAMPIONSHIP MEET held in Dubnika, Czechoslovakia, May 1966. Designed and flown by Centuri's Leroy Piester in the parachute duration event using a 20" parachute.

Beautiful in appearance and high in performance, the STARFIRE is coveted by beginner and advanced rocketeer alike. A 12" parachute is included for normal recovery and a 20" bonus chute is enclosed for contest duration events. Chutes are easily interchanged. Laminar flow boat tail improves flight efficiency (Centuri 1971 Catalog)

centuri-starfire-1967%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1967 Catalog
centuri-starfire-1968%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1968 Catalog
centuri-starfire-1969%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1969 Catalog

centuri-starfire-1970%20xmas%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1970 Christmas Catalog
centuri-starfire-1971%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1971 Catalog
centuri-starfire-1972%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1972 Catalog

centuri-starfire-1979%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1979 Catalog
centuri-starfire-1980%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1980 Catalog
centuri-starfire-1981%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1981 Catalog

centuri-starfire-1982%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1982 Catalog

centuri-starfire-facecard.jpg

centuri-starfire-instr.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Semroc Starfire (KV-20) Basic Information.

semroc.gif
Semroc Astronautics

Starfire

KV-20

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Lee Piester

Type: Sport, Competition
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 15.6" (39.6 cm)
Diameter: 0.908" (2.3 cm)
Span: 4.1" (10.5 cm)
Weight: 0.8 oz (22.7 g)

Mfg. Description: 1966 Retro Repro (Semroc 2011 Web Ad)

semroc-starfire-2011%20web%20livery.jpg
Semroc 2011 Web Ad

semroc-starfire-facecard.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Semroc version.

Attachments

• Semroc Starfire.JPG
    Semroc Starfire.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 36
Back