PERSHING 1A build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will now go sulk in a corner (as I will never build a rocket such as this :cry:).

Fly it and have fun.

Why bother to put a motor mount in it and muck around with CG/CP if you're not going to fly it?

Indeed ,it has always been my intension to fly it this spring ,I`ll even post pics of the flight ;)

Paul

Sandy H and dixontj93060 ;

Thanks for the kind words.It was an enjoyable build (well exept for all the masking of those blasted stripes)

Now we wait till spring and see how she flies.

Cheers folks

Sincerely;

Paul T

Thanks buddy ! Is that the Eddie VanHalen look ?

Paul

You bet, so far only one successful flight, It came in ballistic with no nosecone the last time, got buried about nine inches in, but, since everything was fiberglassed I only have to trim about an inch and a half off. Since I'm building my tower, I harvested the rail buttons from it last night.

Braden

You bet, so far only one successful flight, It came in ballistic with no nosecone the last time, got buried about nine inches in, but, since everything was fiberglassed I only have to trim about an inch and a half off. Since I'm building my tower, I harvested the rail buttons from it last night.

Braden

Since i guessed correctly, did you want my mailing address so you can mail me a check (although I prefer cash or PayPal ) ;)

That reminds me ,I really ought to fix this mess.Might have to trim a little more than an inch and a half.

I sure miss that rocket.

OH YAH.....I`m building a scratch 4" version this winter !!!!

phpoa5v5gPM.jpg

below.....,<sodmeister starts his next scratchbuild>

srvr.jpg

Cool.

That's about the same size of mine.....

Oooooooooooooooo.....now THAT`s some nice looking stuff !!!!!

I bet that would turn some heads at a launch. I`ve always wanted to do a Gem.Titan.....is that one scratch (I assume so)

Nice work .....very nice :cheers:

Paul

Oooooooooooooooo.....now THAT`s some nice looking stuff !!!!!

I bet that would turn some heads at a launch. I`ve always wanted to do a Gem.Titan.....is that one scratch (I assume so)

Nice work .....very nice :cheers:

Paul

The Gemini Titan is the kit from formerly Sheris Hot Rockets, now offered by Red Arrow Hobbies as they acquired the line (the other two are scratchbuilts).
https://www.redarrowhobbies.com/GEMINI.html
I got a close look at Red Arrow's new and improved gemini capsule and it is nice.

You may have seen (in other threads here - by Bill P.) their new 1/6th scale BIG mercury capsule. Just begs to be put on a honkin BIG Little Joe.;)

Last edited:
You were one of the luck ones to get a kit.I`ll look into the Gemini capsule one day.Gordy made me a 4" Mercury capsule set ,so this build is in the build line.

Paul

You were one of the luck ones to get a kit.I`ll look into the Gemini capsule one day.Gordy made me a 4" Mercury capsule set ,so this build is in the build line.

Paul

I did????:confused:

Man I gotta write down this stuff.

I did????:confused:

Man I gotta write down this stuff.

You sure did ,and it`s a beauty ! Do you remember the Sidewinder NC you made me ??

Here....try this ----->>>>>> :caffeine:

And Gordy ,I just got started with you ;)

paul

:rofl:

Never thought I was that cool looking.I wish i looked that smart !

Paul

It's the combination...

GOTTA love the horn-rims... but you've got to have the flat-top to go with it...

You look even more legit with a pocket protector... :D

Later! OL JR :)

PS... for some reason my wife won't let me get the glasses frames that I want-- I want horn rims... I've showed her how dignified Werner Von Braun looked in horn rims, among many other of NASA's finest in the 50's and 60's... even Kennedy looked sharp in horn rims... But she still says "NO!"...

The other alternative is the small round lenses... almost exactly like the Gestapo agent in "Raiders of the Lost Ark"... his glasses looked cool-- "Your fire is dying, fraulein... " LOL:)

She says no to that too... :rolleyes: OL JR :)

I still have my dad`s horn rimmed glasses ,taken after he passed away when i was a kid.They totally rock :cool:

They have can make any idiot look smart.

Paul

imagesCA0319VM.jpg

DISGUSTING!!!! Great friggin job Sod!

.....halogen lighting in the garage?? Really?? Someone pass the grey poupon:eyeroll: lol

Very very nice work, you KNOW you're pleased as punch with this one. Just be sure the recovery system works properly, pleeeeeeease!! And they'll probably kick you off this forum if you don't post a video or at least photos.

On a side note, are those ammunition boxes on those shelves??? Holy cow, I think you're ready for the zombie apocolypse!:dark:
Again, great job!!!

DISGUSTING!!!! Great friggin job Sod!

.....halogen lighting in the garage?? Really?? Someone pass the grey poupon:eyeroll: lol

Very very nice work, you KNOW you're pleased as punch with this one. Just be sure the recovery system works properly, pleeeeeeease!! And they'll probably kick you off this forum if you don't post a video or at least photos.

On a side note, are those ammunition boxes on those shelves??? Holy cow, I think you're ready for the zombie apocolypse!:dark:
Again, great job!!!

Many thanks ,boy ,talk about rehashing an old thread...but a goodie ;)

Have not flown it ,think this year (spring) will be a good time.

Take care and thanks

Paul t

Back