Estes Parts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradycros

Reaction score
Does someone know the phone number for Estes parts department? I need some gen-u-wine Estes parts.

yeah there real nice they gave me an engine mount kit for free in about a week an 1/2

i e-mailed them a few months ago using their web site and they answered in a couple of days

It has been my experience over the past couple years that Estes does not seem to have "bins of spare parts" laying around. They apparently function only to trans-ship crates of kits that are already bagged. The loose parts bins you are looking for are probably sitting in China.

Most recently, I was looking for a dozen nose cones of a particular type (currently in production). Estes told me they might have one or two laying around somewhere but that they couldn't provide that many.

This might be why some customers have received entire kits when they reported damaged or lost components?

I think Estes is in the business of selling kits, not parts. I'd suggest Semroc. They sell everything you need.

sigh. Semroc has much but not all. For example looking for some der red max nose cones... Crap I forget the PNC code and am writing on a blackberry now... Essentially nobody sells 'em standalone. Semroc has a balsa version but I prefer that part in plastic.

Bugs me estes doesn't sell parts like that separately.

Estes sells parts on their Web site. (A few online vendors sell them as well.) You might not find a Der Red Max nose cone, but most of the basics are there.

- Rich

Check out Uncle Mikes:

https://www.unclemikesrocketshack.com/Nose_Cones/NC.html

The plastic nose cone listed near the bottom: BT60 #21025 should be the nose cone from Der Red Max. The sell them for $6.50 each. Or you could go somewhere like eHobbies:

https://www.ehobbies.com/rocketry-rocket-kits-estes-beginner-kits.html

and buy several Der Red Max kits for $14.49 each and part them out for kitbashing. You might also look to see if you have a Hobby Lobby or Michaels that has this kit and buy several using the 40% off coupons they give out all the time.

FWIW, the plastic NC from UMRS is NOT an exact equivalent of the Estes part.

The UMRS part is a close match, and has a "theoretical" ogive shape that is almost as long as the Estes part. (By theoretical ogive, I mean the true mathematical ogive shape of the basic NC, with the tip projected to the centerline instead of truncated/rounded off.) It is almost the same exposed length---but not the same. Most important, the UMRS part has a much smaller tip ball radius, making it visually significantly more "pointy" looking and a pretty rough match for the Estes part. If you hold them up side by side you would see a big difference in tip shape, but then that might not be important to you.

The UMRS nose cone is a fine product, I have purchased a bunch of 'em and they work just fine, I expect I will be buying many more in the future, the quality is just fine, the construction is "solid" and these parts are perfectly functional. There is nothing wrong with them, I do not intend to disparage the UMRS parts in any way, just want to point out that they are not (strictly speaking) a tight geometric match for the Estes part.

The Estes NC can be had by purchasing several current Estes kits.

I sincerely doubt the Estes has a "Parts Department" number that is set up to deal directly with customers. If you need a replacement part for a kit, you should contact Customer Service, using the "Contact Us" link on their web site.

I sincerely doubt the Estes has a "Parts Department" number that is set up to deal directly with customers. If you need a replacement part for a kit, you should contact Customer Service, using the "Contact Us" link on their web site.

When I had a problem with an Estes kit, I emailed them at the "Contact Us" link and heard from them very quickly. I had the new kit in hand within 10 days and all I really wanted was a new motor mount.

I have, right in front of me, an invoice from Estes dated Dec 4 08. The invoice states a Qty. of 2 PCN 3000A nose cones were orderd, order #29968A.

So, since I know I placed this order for two nose cones over the phone, I know it can be done and Estes does it.

Unfortunately I didn't write the phone number and the name of the person I spoke to down, and if I did, it's long gone because the information never got transferd to the invoice (that I still have on file) after it was received with the nose cones.

Does someone have a phone number that lets you talk to a real person? That person may be helpful enough to volunteer the needed information, or perhaps get me pointed in the right direction.

it's not Estes..and hasn't been for a long time ...it's Estes Cox corp. and they are owned by Hobbico..

armed with that information it's easy to find a customer service number on google

Last edited:
it's not Estes..and hasn't been for a long time ...it's Estes Cox corp. and they are owned by Hobbico..

armed with that information it's easy to find a customer service number on google

That information has potential and should be perused.

..it would be like going in the back door ...lol..

Here's the number I found on line.
Estes Industries 1295 H Street
Penrose, CO 81240-9698
(719) 372-6565

Back