Sizzler, Estes kit #1906

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its
more like .....A SMALL ROCKET...:neener:

After having Sam give this matter 'lengthy' consideration and deliberation, a conclusion has been reached.

"Why, it's not a small rocket at all" said Sam I am.

:tongue:

sizzler 300.jpg

Attachments

• sizzler 305.jpg
    sizzler 305.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Green Eggs and Ham is a best-selling and critically acclaimed book by Dr. Seuss, first published on August 12, 1960. As of 2001, according to Publishers Weekly, it was the fourth-best-selling English-language children's book (novel) of all time.

The story is told wholly through images and rhyming dialogue. There are two main characters: The first is unnamed, the second is named Sam (I am).

Greenegg.gif

Last edited:
This rocket (when finished) should really end up in the Sizzler gallery. That and maybe a daylight shot to show off all the hatch and rivet detail.

I'm looking forward to seeing it all dressed.

Last edited:
Wow.

July 11, 2012 - 32,494 hits
July 12, 2012 - 37,006 hits

almost 5,000 views in one day! Either your dormant thread has mysteriously gone viral or you really like looking at yourself in the mirror.

Screen shot 2012-07-11 at 7.39.56 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2012-07-12 at 8.23.36 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Wow.

April 11, 2012 - 32,494 hits
April 12, 2012 - 37,006 hits

almost 5,000 views in one day! Either your dormant thread has mysteriously gone viral or you really like looking at yourself in the mirror.

You couldn't be more wrong.

I thought doing something like this would get ya'alls attention.

You've heard the saying that goes "You got to get up prety early in the morning to put one over on you"?

Well, someone has been getting one over on ya for along time. Since Dec 28 2011 thru today the '10" JayHawk' thread as accumulated 11,520 views. I think whoever has been jacking the view count started doing it when the count was around 17k. The thread is largely dormant, the few post that have been made in the last half a year certainly do not merit over 10k views worth of attention.

I do not think SMR is doing this. More likely some sort of "fan" is doing this.

The TRF admin's should look deep into the computer records to find the person doing this and have a chat with them.

Turning the view count on the two threads to zero would be fine with me.

I have the Sizzler starter set with Bigfoot pad. Borrowed the nose cone to clone an Antares, but was able to get two Antares kits. The Sizzler will probably remain in the collection. My daughter's name is Antares. She is 37 and a new mother. Mother, Father, and granddaughter are doing well.

Never Trust Sam I Am.jpg

It's all those Chinese bots sitting on the thread driving up the views count.

Go to the main forum page and look at the members online. Click on any one of them with a username that starts with a recognizable English name and ends with a hash of numbers and weird consonants such as "james6f6i" or similar. Notice how there are no posts...ever.

Bots.

I thought doing something like this would get ya'alls attention.

Just back from a little weekend golf vacation with my better half, and was pleased to see bradycros's Sizzler thread back among the active. I learn so much from his very detailed build threads, and I can safely say that his meticulous attention to fine detail is beneficial to us all.

A little less pleased to be dragged into this unnecessary distraction. So allow me to respond to the petty finger pointing. And then leave me out of it.

Waldo... lighten up, man. Enjoy the forum for what it is. We're all friends here. We all benefit from having free access to a hundred different documented techniques on a thousand different subjects, what has worked and what won't, and a cumulative wealth of information from a pool of experienced people that share freely. No one benefits from having a self-appointed traffic cop. There is no score, contest, or prize. (Well, there sometimes are prizes, but they are usually related to some way cool rocket event, not for who has bored the most people.)

bradycros… I don't believe the view counter is keeping score, but you are wrong to think the Jayhawk thread is dormant. The build thread has been and continues to be actively promoted. I link back to it whenever appropriate in other projects, which turns out be quite frequently. (like here) It is a finished rocket of some heft that has been to a national launch, 3 regional launches and a convention. Handouts with specs and a link to the build thread have been available and distributed at every opportunity. It has flown twice, and I have been given a lot of positive feedback for the in-depth analysis of the first flight's failures. During the time frame you cite, the "limited posts" are of her second flight, complete with photos and video. It has had a lot of exposure, and I believe it does have a pretty good following. I don't know whether to be flattered or a little creeped out that you're keeping a dossier on it or that you feel the need to chase it. You made 5000 views of the Sizzler thread in one day? for attention? Sleep is sooo over-rated. But you were man enough to fess up when called out on it, even if your motivation was a little flawed, so "Bravo"! And end of discussion. Let's get back to what you clearly do best - building detailed rockets and teaching us how you do it. We want to see progress on the Sizzler since you last posted. In October 2011. Seriously? Man, a whole winter build season has come and gone. Show us what you've been up to.

everybody else... I seriously doubt I have an obsessed "fan" as mentioned. If there is any shenanigans in play, I think it much more likely to be someone bradycros has ticked off over the years. (Hey, we're friends, man. I can say that. Neither of us is especially well-known for being particularly tactful.) So, knock it off. bradycros and I are friends on this forum. We do blog in much the same manner, slow deliberate builds with lots of thought and pictures, but our respective threads are of completely different subjects - there is no competition or threat between us. He is more of an artist, he puts an incredible amount of detail in his creations, and his projects should end up in museums. I am more of an engineer - I tend to make big stuff, often at the limit of or slightly beyond my abilities, and that sometimes doesn't work. I blog about internal structures and force distribution, bradycros blogs about preparation, precision construction and quality finish. Apples and oranges. But, like the environment, the forum functions better with content diversity. So, that being said, let us now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Last edited:
I must confess Sather, it was me. "I'm your biggest fan" (spoken in my best imitation of Kathy Bates).

Back