Estes Sizzler

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boggs

Reaction score
Hey guys I pick up the estes sizzler from commonwealth displayes "turnes out they are about a half mile from my house":) Anyhow I was wondering if there is anything I need to look out for? I think im going to ditch the parachute and o with a streamer.

Which Sizzler? Estes has called several rockets the sizzler. The 1980s Sizzler, kit #1906 is special to me since it was my first rocket. I built one recently from an old kit I purchased on eBay. I use a streamer on it, it is very light and would drift on a chute.

If you post the kit number I am sure someone here can give you more insight.

Have Fun!

If you're talking about the current one, black with canted fins and rainbow like stripes, yes, go with the streamer. With all of those min diameter 18mm kits, stick with A8-3s and B6s. You'll lose it on a C.

Yea, Its the black one. I papered the fins yesterday, I'm going to go with the streamer for sure.

I have to agree with KurtH. The #1906 Sizzler is great and was also one of my first rockets.

I still have mine since the 90's. I never flew it over a B6-4

Definitely go with a streamer, and make sure you have someone with good eyes with you for every launch. They fly well on 1/2A6-2s and A8-3s, as well as A3s and A10s with an adapter. They really scoot on B motors (I lost two of them on B6s), and you'll need lots of luck and a calm day to even hope to get it back on a C.

I don't have a Sizzler, but I can make a Sizzler. Estes kit #1906. Might as well make it bigger while I'm at it, since Semroc has a BNC-60Y. The rocket should be approx. 37-38 in long. See plans at www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/estes/est1906.pdf

To expand picture without losing all the detail, place curser on photo, right click mouse, select open link, click arrowhead in bottom righthand corner of screen (next to 100%), select 125% or 150%.

Attachments

• sizzler 023.jpg
    sizzler 023.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 34
I know this is a older post but I wanted to show off my Sizzler..... I bought this as a kid back in the late 80's and never got around to it, after chit chatting with mom and finding out the kit was still pack away in a box in the basement it was mailed to me and I just finally finished it....here it it....

CIMG1034.JPG

CIMG1033.JPG

I know this is a older post but I wanted to show off my Sizzler..... I bought this as a kid back in the late 80's and never got around to it, after chit chatting with mom and finding out the kit was still pack away in a box in the basement it was mailed to me and I just finally finished it....here it it....

With your permission, I'd like to copy this one to the gallery.

Can I get a definitive ID number?

Thanks.

Can anyone give me the item number for this sizzler so I can index it properly?

Its Estes kit number 1906.

I havent flown it yet, But Im down here in the rio grande valley. i was going to go to the RGV rc airplane field later this year to fly it along with my other rockets I finished over the winter. I do however have plans to visit San Antonio and check out some launches up there. I even have the original estes parachute that i had to cut out and apply the dot stickers! I was toying the idea of using a long streamer but last time I used streamers I would bust a fin on occasion. So this one is ALL stock.

Last edited:
Its Estes kit number 1906.

I havent flown it yet, But Im down here in the rio grande valley. i was going to go to the RGV rc airplane field later this year to fly it along with my other rockets I finished over the winter. I do however have plans to visit San Antonio and check out some launches up there. I even have the original estes parachute that i had to cut out and apply the dot stickers! I was toying the idea of using a long streamer but last time I used streamers I would bust a fin on occasion. So this one is ALL stock.

Thanks for the info.

The Alamo Rocketeers usually fly on the 2nd Saturday of the month. You can check the schedule here: https://www.artapplewhite.com/launches.html

The TRA club, SARS, does not currently have a field and usually go out to the West Texas Rocketry launches.

Back