LOC - EZI-65 (PK-64) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a kit but I cut new fins to match the styling of the Binder Aspire. Built about 11 years ago.

IMG_2132b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My Hi-Tech H45...built in about 1995. The lettering was done with adhesive mylar.

hitechh45.jpg

Here's mine. Part of a 3 part build with a Graduator and Viper 4. 39 oz RTF with MAWD and CTI Pro29 G54.

High Techa.jpg

Viper-High Tech-Grada.jpg

very nice Jiffycoil !.
I did my L1 on one , great rocket, many flights and still kicking.
the paint job came out nice !

Thanks Stymye,
I've been reading every post here and taking all of them to heart. I have learned so much from everyone here and I'm having a blast building. As a BAR I cant express enough how this forum has helped shape what I do. There is a wealth of information here all one has to do is search. I'm going to my first launch in Orangeburg SC this weekend and cant wait to meet many of the people from here on the forum. This is a blast.

Thanks for the compliment.

The paint is Rust-Oleum grey filler sandable. Dupli-color Perfect Match premium automotive paint. Clear coat after decals is Deft gloss crystal-clear lacquer wood finish. I have used this combination in the past on other projects and it always yields an amazing finish.

good luck at the launch ,no doubt you will have a great time!

Thanks, the paint scheme is close to what LOC shows on the package . I still need to add the green triangles on the fins. Also the decals come with the kit. I fudged one of the stripe sections , so it's missing one.

Here's my L1 Hi-Tech.

Originally built standard and used for my L1. Later built another payload bay to house a magnetic apogee detector for electronic deployment.

hi tech.jpg

Attachments

• hitech l1 launch.jpg
    hitech l1 launch.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 95
Here's mine built back in 1998. Last flight on a AT H148 this is probably the perfect motor for this rocket when built stock. I also did my L1 with this bird.

Hi-Tech.jpg

Well (SpTAW!), back when I was a young'un (SpTAW!), we called this'un the Hi-Tech H45, on account a (HACK - HACK - spTAW!) the model was made for flying with the Aero-Tech H45.

Lemme see, lemme see, I guess it was back in old Nine-Aught, I certified with my trusty old Hi-Tech with a H70, out at Hartsel Ranch. Got my Tripoli card signed by Doctor Mike hisself.

I'm thinking it was in Argonia in Ninety-Two that I flew 'er with an actual H45. Ten second burn, full 320 newton-seconds. (HACK-spTAW!) Dang beautiful flight. Terrifying and lovely.

Lost her a year or two later, after a mighty crack-up or two. Drifted over a subdivision.

This is the one scanned-in photo I have of the ol' girl:
5379444821_b1b415c6ac_z.jpg

This must have been after it was "shortened" by a core sample. You can see that the launch lug is "naked." The payload section is wrapped in gold glitter supplied by LOC way back when.

Welcome to the LOC EZI-65 (PK-64) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the LOC EZI-65 (PK-64) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

LOC: EZI-65: PK-64
LOC: EZI-65 Mini: #0175
LOC: Hi-Tech: PK-56
LOC: H-Tech Mini: #0183

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
LOC EZI-65 (PK-64) Basic Information.

loc.gif
LOC/Precision

MODEL NAME: EZI-65 Also known as:

NUMBER: PK-64

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x54mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 57.75"
Diameter: 4"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: One of the ISP PERFORMANCE SERIES of kits, which feature factory pre-slotted airframe and through-the-wall fin construction and high power motor capabilities, the EZI-65 is a light weight, high power performer. The 54mm motor mount is great for Level 1 motors. Designed for the Aerotech I-65 motor when it first came out, this kit will also fly on the Aerotech J-90 motor for a cool Level 2 attempt - try one out if your field can handle it. It is a very cool flight! (and sometimes a long walk) This kit flies great on a variety of G , H and I motors using the optional MMA-3 (for 29mm motors) or MMA-4 (for 38mm motors) motor mount adapter. Parachute Recovery.

All LOC/PRECISION "PK-XX" kits include heavy duty airframe and motor mount tubes, high-grade precision-cut plywood fins, centering rings, rip-stop nylon parachute or streamer, nylon elastic shock cord and mount, launch lug, polypropolene nose cones and instructions. (LOC 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

loc-ezi%2065%20pk64-2010%20cat.jpg
2010 Catalog
loc-ezi%2065%20pk64-2012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

loc-ezi%2065%20pk64-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

loc-ezi%2065%20pk64-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
LOC EZI-65 Mini (#0175) Basic Information.

loc.gif
LOC/Precision

MODEL NAME: EZI-65 MiniAlso known as:

NUMBER: #0175

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Downscale
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Length: 14.4"
Diameter: 1"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Miniature version of the famous EZI-65 rocket kit. For use with A,B,C motors (not included). 4:1 Sport Scale, New Heavy Duty LOC Airframe in 1" Diameter, Laser Cut Balsa Fins, Excellent Decals, Mylar Parachute Recovery (LOC 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

loc-ezi%2065%20mini%200175-2010%20cat.jpg
2010 Catalog
loc-ezi%2065%20mini%200175-2012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

loc-ezi%2065%20mini%200175-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
LOC Hi-Tech (PK-56) Basic Information.

loc.gif
LOC/Precision

MODEL NAME: Hi-Tech Also known as: Hi-Tech H45

NUMBER: PK-56

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x38mm
Length: 49.75"
Diameter: 2.63"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: One of the ISP PERFORMANCE SERIES of kits, which feature factory pre-slotted airframe and through-the-wall fin construction and high power motor capabilities, the HI-TECH H45 is a light weight, high power performer. The 38mm motor mount is great for Level 1 motors if your field can handle it. This kit smaller version of the EZI-65 flies great on a variety of F and G motors using the optional MMA-2 motor mount adapter. Parachute Recovery.

All LOC/PRECISION "PK-XX" kits include heavy duty airframe and motor mount tubes, high-grade precision-cut plywood fins, centering rings, rip-stop nylon parachute, nylon elastic shock cord and mount, launch lug, polypropolene nose cones and instructions. (LOC 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

loc-hi%20tech%20pk56-2010%20cat.jpg
2010 Catalog
loc-hi%20tech%20pk56-2012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

loc-hi%20tech%20pk56-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

loc-hi%20tech%20pk56-instr%201.jpg

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
Here's my 'somewhat' modified LOC Hi-Tech climbing out on a CTI I212. I strengthened things in the fin can a bit, shortened the booster AF and made it dual deploy.

IMG_3338.jpg

Some nice examples so far.

My slightly modified EZI-65 setup for dual deployment before its last flight on a J275 at Bong.
It drifted past the treeline southwest of the runway and vanished.

Dscf0011.jpg

Just out of curiosity, has anyone gone supersonic on a 'relatively' stock EZI or Hi-Tech? I'm wondering how un-reinforced fins will hold up. My Hi-Tech sims past mach on larger I's and thinking it might be a fun flight.

I laminated the fins with fiberglass since the sims were estimating > 800mph if I recall correctly.

Slightly modified Hi-Tech (dual deploy added and upper tube lengthened) taking off on a CTI I-212 Smoky Sam.

IMG_3338.jpg

LOC Hi-Tech Mini (#0183) Basic Information.

loc.gif
LOC/Precision (LOC)

MODEL NAME: Hi-Tech Mini Also known as:

NUMBER: #0183

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Downscale
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Length: 18.85"
Diameter: 1"
Span:
Weight: 1.75 oz

Mfg. Description: Miniature version of the famous HI-TECH rocket kit. For use with A,B,C motors (not included). 4:1 Sport Scale, New Heavy Duty LOC Airframe in 1" Diameter, Laser Cut Balsa Fins, Excellent Decals, Kevlar leader, and Mylar Parachute Recovery. (LOC 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

loc-hi%20tech%20mini%200183-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

loc-hi%20tech%20mini%200183-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
The EZI-65 has always caught my attention. I have yet to buy one but hope to do so some time. Those pictured in this thread look great.

LOC EZI-65 Had one 12-13 years ago which flew many many times but unfortunately I pushed it a bit to hard and ripped the fins off, like the last one I made this one dual deploy as well. AMW had a 20% off sale last week so I grabbed another as I was always a fan of it.

NHtf5Fil.jpg

Last edited:
Great deal getting 20% off the price of a rocket you really want. The one shown in the above post looks great. I'm interested in how you will be building the kit you just purchased.

This winter I built a Loc Lil' Diter and a Loc Lil' Nuke. I have a Loc Forte' that needs to be built.

Hope to see your new EZI-65 at a CATO launch this year.

Back