Dr Zooch Ares I

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosterdude

Reaction score
I liked the Ares I-X so much I had to build the Ares I. These kits are easy to build, and they really perform! The flame fins were done by using a base coat of white, then yellow, orange, and red. The flame fins really solve the problem and sure look better than clear fins. Most importantly they work, because they boost arrow straight.

DSC00235.jpg

Last edited:
Flew the new Ares two times today. A B6-4 was impressive, 2nd flight was a C6-7....wow. A C6-7 puts a smile on my face in this model every time!

The Ares I, and I-X are the best flying LP models that I have built, just awesome performance. Great job Dr Zooch!

The Ares I and I-X have always been real scooters with high apogees. What suprised me was last summer while doing altimeter flights the Ares I was not the highest flying from my "no-arc" kits. The high flyer turned out to be the Mark II! On a C6-7 the Ares I went 854 feet, but the Mark II went 915 feet on a C6-7.

Of course I've yet to do an altimeter flight on the Freedom 7 or on the Jupiter C, either of which may beat the Mark II. Still, I had always thought that the Ares I was the highest flyer in the fleet... I was wrong.

Back