Centuri - Lil' Ivan (#5353) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishtech

Reaction score
My Model #KV-49 Lil" Ivan.
Love these little subby style rockets.
Purchased @ Red Arrow Hobby while working in the area.
Great flier and an easy build.

10312010 022.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, I was going to do mine like that, but then decided to personalize it for my son Van. Nice little rocket.

Red Glare 2 and misc 038.jpg

Here's my original and upscale.

DSC00161.jpg

Here's mine. I had a bunch of Baby Bertha kits laying around, so I just got the fins and decal from Semroc and used Bertha parts for the rest. I am wishing I had built it to fly on 13mm engines; it would make a great partner to my Quest Cobalt 13mm for back yard flights.

attachment.php

lilivan-sky.jpg

Welcome to the Centuri Lil' Ivan (#5353) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri Lil' Ivan (#5353) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Lil' Ivan: #5353
Semroc: Lil' Ivan: KV-49

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Lil' Ivan (#5353) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

MODEL NAME: Lil' Ivan Also known as:

NUMBER: #5353

Introduced: 1982
Final Year: 1983
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Streamer
Stages: 1
Length: 8.75"
Diameter: 1.53"
Span:
Weight: 1.35 oz

Mfg. Description: Beginner kit with a Russian decor. Flights over 600 feet with a C engine. (Centuri 1982 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

centuri-lil%20ivan%205353-1982%20cat.jpg
1982 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Semroc Lil' Ivan (KV-49) Basic Information.

semroc.gif
Semroc Astorautics

MODEL NAME: Lil' Ivan Also known as:

NUMBER: KV-49

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Carl McLawhorn

Type: Clone, Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Streamer
Stages: 1
Length: 8.7" (22.0 cm)
Diameter: 1.64" (4.2 cm)
Span: 7.0" (17.8 cm)
Weight: 1.6 oz (45.4 g)

Mfg. Description: The Lil’ Ivan was initially released in the 1982 Centuri Catalog. Its Russian décor reflected the Cold War period at the time. Produced near the end of Centuri’s existence as a separate brand, it only had a two-year run before Estes dropped most of the surviving Centuri line. It was one of the first Centuri designs that used Estes parts. Instead of the ST-16, the Lil’ Ivan used the BT-60 body tube and the PNC-60MS blow-molded plastic nose cone that was shared with the Big Bertha and Baby Bertha. The Lil’ Ivan was Centuri #5353 and was introduced with a price of $3.95.

The Retro Repro Lil’ Ivan is updated by using laser-cut fins instead of the original die-cut fin sheet. The original BT-60 body tube and PNC-16MS are replaced with a balsa nose cone and body tube sizes that would have been used in Centuri’s early years. The original rubber shock cord is replaced with an elastic cord for longer life. The originalmethod of attaching the shock cord has been replaced
by a Kevlar® cord for greater reliability. (Instruction Blurb)

=====

1982 Retro Repro (Semroc 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

semroc-lil%20ivan%20kv49-2007%20web.jpg
2007 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

semroc-lil%20ivan%20kv49-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

semroc-lil%20ivan%20kv49-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Semroc Li'l Ivan clone.
0626202037[1].jpg

Laser cut fins and decals from erockets.
Rest of the parts from either my parts stash or kitbashed from the Estes Jetliner.

Back