Goonies

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks sd_one!
The pad is an old tripod from a thrift store (5 bucks), the blast plate from a door kick plate at the Ace hardware dollar bin and the launch rod from a carbon fiber rod left over from the RC airplane side! The Vagaboonie is going to be great!

This has been a great thread to follow with so many varieties of Goonies! This could go on for many more years.
I especially like the Cherokee Goon. Anybody know if the Cherokee BT60 decals have been offered commercially? I have never printed my own and this set is probably way too complicated for a first attempt.

Thanks.
--MARK

NAR 65148, L1
MDRA
NOVAAR

My Gooniot flying on a G76 green motor.

[YOUTUBE]8VkoL3GXNFY[/YOUTUBE]

IMGP5098.JPG

IMGP5101.JPG

IMGP5102.JPG

IMGP5123.JPG

IMGP5127.JPG

This has been a great thread to follow with so many varieties of Goonies! This could go on for many more years.
I especially like the Cherokee Goon. Anybody know if the Cherokee BT60 decals have been offered commercially? I have never printed my own and this set is probably way too complicated for a first attempt.

Thanks.
--MARK

NAR 65148, L1
MDRA
NOVAAR

Oops, found the answer to my own question. Excelsior has the decals for the Cherokee in a few different body tube sizes. I was just looking in the wrong place. I think I'm going to be building a Cherokee Goon!

That's Awesome! Is there a build thread for that one?

I found this build thread: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?58018-Goony-Patriot-build&p=591213#post591213

Awesome Gooniot qquake2k! I will need to look into building one for myself.

Steve

I actually got the idea for mine from Rich Holmes. Only I made mine a little bigger (yes, I'm compensating). This was also the first nose cone I turned myself. It was a fun project! My build thread is here:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?58129-Upscale-Patriot-Goony

The Semrocphoto 3.PNGphoto.JPG Saki, technically a "Groonie." Launched 2 weeks ago. I think I bought the last one, it's out of stock now.

We flew the Saki on an A8-3 which resulted in a low altitude apogee (approx. 100 ft.), nevertheless it was quite a sight to see this awkward little rocket slowly lifting its way upward. It will need at least a B to gain any respectable altitude. We were hampered by a small field that day and my 7 year old son insisted we not take any risks with his prized goonie.

I am looking for a Saki kit.

Any suggestions on where to find one, would be appreciated.

Well, this thread has inspired me. I've started building a goony version of the Estes Neptune which I'm calling the Nepgoon.
I'm also considering making a goonied Photon Disruptor. Don't know what to call it, any ideas? Photon Disruptor-G?
What about a goony Centuri Vulcan? Maybe take the squatter cone of a X-24 Bug or X-RV and put the Vulcan style fins and scoop. Would that be considered a goony or just some aberration?

Man stop! You are getting me nervous and all I need is to smell a bit of balsa and I'll be joining you!
Can't wait to see the Nepgoon!
Post some pics of the build if you can!!!

Le Pew

What about a goony Centuri Vulcan? Maybe take the squatter cone of a X-24 Bug or X-RV and put the Vulcan style fins and scoop. Would that be considered a goony or just some aberration?

Probably an aberration, but a cool one.

While there are no hard and fast rules, a Goonie usually is based on a baby bertha or at least a BT-60 with a Bertha cone.

Man stop! You are getting me nervous and all I need is to smell a bit of balsa and I'll be joining you!
Can't wait to see the Nepgoon!
Post some pics of the build if you can!!!

Le Pew

I will post pictures asap. Also I just got word that the Nepgoon decals are on the way from Sticker Shock 23.

Probably an aberration, but a cool one.

While there are no hard and fast rules, a Goonie usually is based on a baby bertha or at least a BT-60 with a Bertha cone.

A Vulcan Goonie based on a BT-60, ....I think I'll try it. Thanks.

Back