Estes - Goblin (K-55 or #1255) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost my original so I built another.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1492880909.949049.jpg
After putting on the decals I realized I forgot to paint one fun black! I'll mask for it after the decals have dried thoroughly.

My first Goblin was a free kit from Estes. They used to give free kits if you ordered x amount. This was when D engines first came on the scene. I started flying rockets in the 3rd grade in 1963. The photo is of my newest Goblin and Cherokee-D. They are both clones. I had both back when.

Attachments

• zUbtdBfGRD+Tnxw1ZkxQhQ.jpg
    zUbtdBfGRD+Tnxw1ZkxQhQ.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 59
I had/have both of those! IDK where the Cherokee is or remember what happened to it, but i did have one years ago. The Goblin was my first D rocket, painted florescent green it was Goblin-ish with the decals applied. I think there is a Goblin kit stashed somewhere waiting building, have to find it.

Estes Goblin/Semroc MX Goblin
0216200441.jpg

Successful flight on a C11. Little bit of road rash on a fin and the nose cone.
Lost my first one on a D12, the recommended engine.
Went very high and drifted away on a light breeze. Lesson learned.

My completed Estes Goblin clone. Uses an 18mm MMT with removable baffle system, has orange paint instead of yellow and a payload bay built into the nose cone. All painting was done with an airbrush.

Used Future as the clearcoat. The finish isn't as glossy as it should be, but that's probably due to my poor airbrushing technique.

The fantastic decals were provided by @Patternflyer

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0075.JPG

My completed Estes Goblin clone. Uses an 18mm MMT with removable baffle system, has orange paint instead of yellow and a payload bay built into the nose cone. All painting was done with an airbrush.

Used Future as the clearcoat. The finish isn't as glossy as it should be, but that's probably due to my poor airbrushing technique.

The fantastic decals were provided by @Patternflyer

View attachment 586597

View attachment 586598

View attachment 586600
Outstanding :bravo: :goodjob: What color is that? and from what company?

Last edited:
MH, fantastic job!!! I love that integrated bottle top into you NC! I may have to steal that idea!!! Seriously, that’s ingenious!

The orange looks great and of course (I’m biased), but your decals look spot on! 😉 You’re motivating me to maybe start airbrushing some more.

Great job!!!

MH, fantastic job!!! I love that integrated bottle top into you NC! I may have to steal that idea!!! Seriously, that’s ingenious!

The orange looks great and of course (I’m biased), but your decals look spot on! 😉 You’re motivating me to maybe start airbrushing some more.

Great job!!!
Thank you for the kind words!

I thought the orange came out pretty good, too. Definitely need yellow to make a "true" Goblin, but with an 18mm MMT in it, I think going with a slightly different color is fitting.

Last edited:
Back