Aerotech - G-FORCE (#89021) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodmeister

Reaction score
One of my all time daily fliers ,this thing was made for 29mm CTI-G-106 Skidmarks and built like a brick.............well you know ;)

The first picture is before it drifted into a tree (I did some crazy paintjob ,I saw in a missle magazine)
The rocket was retrieved ,but sustained major damage.

2nd pics etc. are the rebuilt version ,with the guts torn out and replaced to fly on 29mm reloads.The rocket is now 2 inches taller ,with more room in the forward bulkhead.

She`s better than ever now !

Paul

phpYV5JBpPM.jpg

phpWDMgT8PM.jpg

phpmvpgn0PM.jpg

phpHIXdhaPM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pictures of my 'late' G-Force. It was lost to a case of 'Go Fever' on my part. :eek: :(

G-Force.jpg

G-Force Liftoff.jpg

G-Force is a great flyer, I enjoy mine on a G64-4.
G-Force.jpg

G-Force1stLaunch3_15_08.jpg

Well this one is really a mish-mash rocket I call my "Gumo". Half G-Force, half Sumo. Originally had both rockets, but 2 very different mishaps ended that. The G was on the rear deck of a convertible car that the owner retracted the roof and crushed the rocket. The Sumo died due to a AT bonus delay.

I took the NC and 2 fins from the Sumo & repaired the broken ones on the G-force fincan. Added the NC from the Sumo to a new payload tube and voila.....the "GUMO"

Looks like the G but has many parts of both. Flies great after many, many years of fun.[7]

Still the greatest G-64-4 flier in my opinion, nice slow realistic lift offs and deploys always exactly at apogee!

Photos by Todd Haring

Last edited:
I've finally got going on the G Force that's been sitting in my basement. My paint scheme will be based on the other G Force, The Green Bay Packers. If anyone needs/wants a G Force decal sheet, let me know.

G-Force "Just Chute Me" on an H-90 at Battle Park 2-12-2011. Keychain camera caught the booster separation (ignore date stamp).

JustChuteMeH90.jpg

Attachments

• JustChuteMeArialH90Booster.jpg
    JustChuteMeArialH90Booster.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 88
Darn it, guys! You're really making me miss my G-Force. It finally died after a ton of flights, a CATO (that allowed me to replace the mmt with a 38mm...) and lawn dart or two.

I've resisted replacing it because AT kits are overpriced... but now I think I'm just gonna have to do it.

By the way... that thing is great with 38mm motors!

Darn it, guys! You're really making me miss my G-Force. It finally died after a ton of flights, a CATO (that allowed me to replace the mmt with a 38mm...) and lawn dart or two.

I've resisted replacing it because AT kits are overpriced... but now I think I'm just gonna have to do it.

By the way... that thing is great with 38mm motors!

Shop around, you should see what some of those "pirates" want for that kit :mad: The prices are all over the board ,from "ouch" to "you gotta be %$^%$#@ kidding me" .

It is however, a great,tough kit that begs to be flown on re-loads.I love mine !

SIRIUS rocketry has a good price ,about $ 83 bucks ,plus shipping to Canada (the only gotcha)but close to $100 bucks total ,still cheaper than my local shops here in Winnipeg.

Paul T

Last edited:
Finished it up today, first flight will be this coming Sunday if the weather cooperates.

gforce1.JPG

gforce2.JPG

gforce3.JPG

Shop around, you should see what some of those "pirates" want for that kit :mad: The prices are all over the board ,from "ouch" to "you gotta be %$^%$#@ kidding me" .

It is however, a great,tough kit that begs to be flown on re-loads.I love mine !

SIRIUS rocketry has a good price ,about $ 83 bucks ,plus shipping to Canada (the only gotcha)but close to $100 bucks total ,still cheaper than my local shops here in Winnipeg.

Paul T
Thanks for that lead, Paul. Even with the shipping, it's nearly $50 cheaper than I've seen anywhere else. There is now a kit somewhere between Sirius & here with my name on it :)

I like that pseudo-military scheme on yours. One of the things I like about the G-Force is, it can look darned imposing with the right scheme.

Thanks for that lead, Paul. Even with the shipping, it's nearly $50 cheaper than I've seen anywhere else. There is now a kit somewhere between Sirius & here with my name on it :)

I like that pseudo-military scheme on yours. One of the things I like about the G-Force is, it can look darned imposing with the right scheme.

That scheme is now gone and re-painted and gutted to accept CTI 29mm reloads (rescued from an old gnarly tree ,got busted up good....but I rebuilt it better stock and accepts the chute and nomex better..not so tight for room ,2" longer with plywood CR in the aft and homemade aluminum retainer)

The G-Force is indeed a great rocket, to that there is no doubt !

OBTW- chadrog....beautiful job on your rocket.....me likes !!!

Paul T

Here you go.New ply CR ,aluminum retainer and I added kevlar to the MMT ,no more gitch elastic, and soaked the motor tube with superthin CA ,and added 10 feet of 9/16 TN.

In case you care ;)

Fins however remain stock ,as in CA`d in place ,never a lose one yet ,and this SOB tumbles nicely when the chute does not deploy (old design ,now fixed)

Cheers

paul T

phpA6RrriPM.jpg

phpiqZbeSPM.jpg

phpTGp1hvPM.jpg

phpWzN5ikPM.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have any flight photos of it on the G106SK?

No I don`t ,but my brother may have HD video of it.I really must start bringing my camera to launches :blush:

I does however make a tremendous "blast" on takeoff ,as it echos in the treeline.....very cool !

Paul

Here's my 2X upscaled G-Force. Called "M-Force". My level 3 cert rocket going on a CTI M1300 Dual Thrust. All scratch built, decals by Stickershock.

IMG_0046 (2).JPG

IMG_0048 (2).JPG

Mike

Nice job Mike.....that SOB looks super awesome.I`d love to see that one rip off the pad !

:handshake:

Paul T

Here's my 2X upscaled G-Force. Called "M-Force". My level 3 cert rocket going on a CTI M1300 Dual Thrust. All scratch built, decals by Stickershock.

Mike

That looks nice. Did you spray it yourself? The fade on the nose cone looks great.

Thanks, Yes I sprayed it, the dark blue on the bottom half fades into black at the fin can also. Mark at Stickershock did an awesome job on the decals too.

Mike

Mike you gotta teach me how to paint like that next time I am out that way.

That looks AWESOME. I do Ok with One color in a gun. but that is as far as I have made it.

I do most of mine with spray bombs. This one was done with Duplicolor from Advanced Auto.

Mike

Kelly's pink G-Force. She won the kit at the MWP8 raffle in 2010. Stickers by Stickershock23, in a font to match her Wild Child. It has flown at ECOF 2011 and LDRS XXX. MWP9 next.

IMGP2036.jpg

IMGP2101.jpg

IMGP3363.jpg

Last edited:
twould be nice if there were a pink motor to match the rocket :).
rex

Welcome to the Aerotech G-Force (#89021) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Aerotech G-Force and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Areotech: G-Force: #89021

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Areotech G-Force (89021) Basic Information.

aerotech.gif
Aerotech Consumer Aerospace

G-Force

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 60"
Diameter: 4"
Span:
Weight: 32 oz.

Mfg. Description: This kit stands over five feet tall! Featuring a big, four inch diameter, the G-Force provides spectacular, slow lift-offs when powered by Aerotech "G" motors. (2007-08 Aerotech Catalog)

areotech%20-%20G-Force%20-%202007%20cat%20livery.jpg
2007 Aerotech Catalog
areotech%20-%20G-Force%20-%202012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads
AfterBurners
skyway2k

TRF Applicable Threads
Nose Cone Attachment
What's on my Bench

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
The G-Force is the rocket that sparked my interest in the sport. I love it. Here's mine. The only extras are 20ft of kevlar shock cord, slimline kwik loc, and a 48" spherachute, all from great Leap. Last two flights were on a G64w for 565ft and G76G for 633ft. both great flights.
DSCN0479.JPG gforce-firstlaunch4.jpg

Last edited:
Back