Aerotech - G-FORCE (#89021) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another small rocketeer with a G-force. She put it together, sanded, and painted the whole thing herself (though I had to pop the fins in - she wasn't quite strong enough). The only ugly parts are where I tried to help.

Yes, those are the guinea pigs from the G-Force movie (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436339/) a couple of years ago.

rocket-girl_m.jpg

_JAT8872.jpg

Last edited:
Great Photo! with My Kid's If you can't play with it online (Video game addicts) they would only fly a virtual rocket (if it was a free download)

Just finished painting this G-Force for my cousin. Can't wait to see it fly!

RD84.jpg

Here’s mine after I remaiden it when the rebuild from a previous crash about 4 years ago was finally finished last week.
I’m not really that slow I was just out of rocketry for the last 4 years due to various reasons.

It originally was built a little stronger. I used a beefier coupler and then used the original one to beef up the lower tube on back end where it lands. I also added 12’ of 1/4” Kevlar shockcord, 5’ of 3/4” tubular nylon and a short piece of the original elastic shockcord and tied that all in to the upper and lower bulkheads with a 48” American Flag Sperachute and wrapped in a Kevlar blanket.
I did not install the motor clip so I could use larger motors later and instead installed PMR on the bottom centering ring.

The first flight 4yrs ago was real nice on a G64-4 with a long smoky slow flight but unfortunately the ejection did not work and it destroyed the upper tube and NC.
This last weekend I flew it at a club launch and it flew great! I did not have a G64 so I used a G76-4. Not so smoky as the first but higher. I removed the “cooling mesh, which I now know is not needed with the Kevlar up front, and installed a smaller 36” chute due to the strong wind to keep it near.
Here is a YT link, mine is the last launch.

https://youtu.be/OVAu7Pz7TNk

The one thing I did notice about the launch was that I windy days like last Sat it really moves around a lot on the 1/4" rod sooo,,, yesterday I cut off the tops of the launch lugs and installed rail buttons. Problem solved. See picture below.
I also plan to make the it about 14” longer so I can install an av bay for DD when needed.

I’m also trying to decide on a paint scheme and I’m down to either a red/white/blue, black/yellow, or a black/white combination.

Enjoy and any comments are welcome.
Ed

IMG_6648 (768x1024).jpg

attachment.php

Flew Great on a CTI G83, 7 second delay due to wind. Next will be the G118 and H133 Blue Streaks.

Bethel 22.jpg
JDI-Force.jpg
Done for the Job's Daughters International Bethel No. 22 that meets at my lodge.
IMG_0618.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my mighty G-Force rocket! I think this is going to be one of my favorites of all time.

Here I am holding my new baby.
G-Force-Finshed-holding.jpg

Here it is in all it's glory. I didn't go with the stock paint job, obviously, but I still wanted to use the big decal. So I put it up higher on the payload than usual and set it off with metal tape (high temperature tape used for sealing flues and ducts). The rocket's paint job corresponds to functional parts of the rocket, all separated by bands of metal tape --- nosecone is red, black area with decal is the payload section, red area below that is the recovery bay, and black area below that is the motor section.
G-Force-Finshed1.jpg

I didn't want to glue the nosecone on, because I want to be able to remove it to put an altimeter in the payload bay, so I used 6 screws to hold it on. I also like the way they look.
G-Force-Finshed2.jpg

I added vent holes so that the payload bay can equalize pressure and the altimeter will work. You only need a couple, but I added 6 to match the six screw above. I used sewing eyelets to give them a clean look.
G-Force-Finshed3.jpg

I flew this rocket once when it was in primer and it flies great! I'm really looking forward to launching it again.

I flew this rocket once when it was in primer and it flies great! I'm really looking forward to launching it again.

That looks great!
I don't have any pics of the G75M, but I found one of it flying on a G77:
CIMG2131.jpg

And since I never posted it in the G-force thread, here's a pic of mine flying an H170 Blue Streak:
H170Gforce.jpg
I haven't flown mine in a while, I should definitely fly it at Moffett sometime soon.

That looks great!
I don't have any pics of the G75M, but I found one of it flying on a G77:
View attachment 253429

And since I never posted it in the G-force thread, here's a pic of mine flying an H170 Blue Streak:
View attachment 253430
I haven't flown mine in a while, I should definitely fly it at Moffett sometime soon.

Thanks, SC! You have way more (and way better) action shots of my rockets flying than I do! That launch was the one where I had it in white primer, but it looked so boring I put a bunch of different colored masking tape on it to jazz it up a bit. Watching your G-Force fly at Moffett was part of what inspired me to get one. I'll be flying mine there as soon as I can.

Has anyone retrofitted a G-Force for longer 29MM RMS casings (240) so that it can fly on an H or I motor? I am kicking myself that I just finished my build with nice Stickershock graphics and it is only going 800 feet high ! I am think of just ripping out the upper thrust ring (CA glued in) and putting an aeropac retainer on. My fear is I am going to damage the motor tube ripping the thrust ring out. Any other successful options?

Has anyone retrofitted a G-Force for longer 29MM RMS casings (240) so that it can fly on an H or I motor? I am kicking myself that I just finished my build with nice Stickershock graphics and it is only going 800 feet high ! I am think of just ripping out the upper thrust ring (CA glued in) and putting an aeropac retainer on. My fear is I am going to damage the motor tube ripping the thrust ring out. Any other successful options?

I think a lot of people build it without the motor hook, motor block, and cooling mesh so they can use longer motors. That's what I did. I left all of that out, and I used an Estes retainer, which is a lot less expensive than an Aeoropack. If you can get the motor block ring out, will you also have to remove the hook, and can you do that after the fact? Or is it trapped by the fin lock things? If it makes sense to remove the motor block, you might want to try some kind of CA debonder. I've never used it, but I know there is such a thing, and it might help get the block out without destroying the tube. I'd just be careful not to get the debonder on any joints you don't want to debond...

If this is going to turn into a lengthy discussion, you might want to start a new thread in Mid Power. This one is mostly for people to post pics of their G-Force rocket. And that is something you should definitely do --- post a picture! I'd like to see the Stickershock graphics!

Back