user error

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtH

Reaction score
I just need to vent. I have made a mess of my Semroc defender :(. An awesome kit but screwed up by me. I made a mistake early on, where you glue the tree tubes together, so now it is not symmetrical and can not be assembled properly. I can salvage the rest of the parts and just buy the tubes and a few other parts, but I am just aggravated with my self for screwing it up. Thanks for looking.

photo1-vi.jpg

I'm not seeing what you are seeing. Can you post another pic, maybe something a little head-on, like a side view ?

I admit it is not totally apparent from the picture, but if you hold it in your hand, each of the spaces between the three motor tubes and the outer tube, is a different size. only one of them is large enough for the plank to slip in. Then if you hold it from the side you can see it is not symmetrical, but I only realized that after gluing on the bottom "skirt" tube.

Try fitting 3 motors in the tubes...if they fit I think you are good to go. You'll just need to modify the filler parts to make them work. Another way to fill the voids between the BT and motor tubes is stuff some small sheets of tissue paper lightly covered in wood glue or white glue.

I wouldn't give up on that bird just yet.

-Dave

Back