Quest - Force 5 (#3010) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are neat photos; like the looking up the launch rod view, and that upscale is something!

Here's mine, pretty near done. Hasn't flown yet. Sat buried in a box half done for a couple years.

The other day had one of those "Oh No! :eek: Well, maybe that works out okay after all." moments with the thing. For whatever reason on some models I like gloss coating them with Testors Model Master clear pearl enamel spray. Well, this can turned out to be several years old - started spraying and noticed it was coming out a bit yellowed - AHHH!. Then the brain said, "hey dude, you remember those photos of Space Shuttle after landing and how white on fuselage side looks a bit toasted? Doesn't his look kinda like that?" Even though fictional back story on this thing has it made out of advanced materials, it's still gonna get cooked while reentering is it not?
Couldn't much argue with the brain on that one.

Just ordered another kit via tiny LHS in our population 8200 little burg. Will do it up to look sort of like natural metal Air Force jets of the 1950s.

--> how do you guys do the attached thumbnails thing? Train forums I'm in don't have that. A quick look at forum didn't find directions, must have overlooked it?

Last edited:
Thanks :) Sharkmouth decal came from Monogram/Revell 1/48 scale F-14 Tomcat.

No, didn't remember that. Could it have it something to do with coming from a USN family line?

The other Force 5 done a few years back is in a fanciful Navy paint scheme.
Squadron insignia is from a torpedo plane from Italy.
And, no, I can't offer a scientific explanation for painting the nose cones copper.
Pearlescent overcoat came out a bit yellowish on bottom, especially after end which gives it a re-entry weathering look, so I'm okay with that.
IMG_7927.jpg

IMG_7928.jpg

IMG_7930.jpg

Post copied to gallery with permission

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Quest Force 5 (#3010) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Quest Force 5 (#3010) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Quest: Force 5: #3010

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Quest Force 5 (#3010) Basic Information.

quest.gif
Quest Aerospace

MODEL NAME: Force 5 Also known as:

NUMBER: #3010

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Exotic
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 23.5"
Diameter: 1.38"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: No significant text in 2010 Catalog

Advertising Liveries

quest-force%205%203010-2010%20cat.jpg
2010 Catalog

quest-force%205%203010-2011%20web.jpg
2011 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads
modeltrains

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back