SCALE - Bullpup (AGM 12) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. :)
I'll sure try to get pics. Its maiden flight is scheduled for Saturday, on a C6-5. :fly:

The flight went well, even though I forgot to thread the rod through the top launch lug. :bangpan: Fortunately, it did fine with just the lower lug. A little bit of wobble on the way up, but straight enough. :)
Here's a lift-off shot. It was gone in the next frame. :eyepop:
Bullpup 12D liftoff.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! I spent about twice as much time as I usually do sanding this one, since it was my first non-cardstock scale model. It did turn out better than I expected, but I have vowed that I will never, ever fill spirals again...

This is a "Bull Puppy" from PML that I bought from a fellow here a couple months back. It was partially started, and what was done was done well. This is the first scale kit that I haven't done something stupid to. Glad I got that out of my system, now where's that V2?
PIC_2817.jpgPIC_2818.jpgPIC_2819.jpgPIC_2820.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
PML Bull Puppy Basic Information.

pml.gif
Public Missiles LTD

MODEL NAME: Bull Puppy Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport Scale
Motor Mount: 1x38mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 39"
Diameter: 3"
Span:
Weight: 32oz

Mfg. Description: Based on the U.S. Air Force`s Bull Pup missile, this kit is visually exciting on the ground as well as in flight! It`s perfect for beginners and experienced rocketeers alike. Don`t let the name fool you, this puppy is equipped with a 38mm motor mount and can be flown with 29mm motors using the optional motor adapter ADPTR-38/29. 39" tall and weighs approximately 32 oz. Can be flown on G through I motors.

Dado-slotted Quantum Tube airframe for canard fins
Pre-slotted plastic boattail
G-10 Fiberglass fins
38mm motor mount
Both original and military-style decals included
Piston ejection system
Multi-panel nylon parachute
Plastic nose cone
Thin-wall brass launch lug (PML 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

pml-bull%20puppy-2012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

pml-bull%20puppy-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
PML Bull Puppy 2.1 Basic Information.

pml.gif
Public Missiles LTD

MODEL NAME: Bull Puppy 2.1Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport Scale
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 28"
Diameter: 2.1"
Span:
Weight: 20oz

Mfg. Description: Based on the U.S. Air Force`s Bull Pup missile, the Bull Puppy 2.1 is the latest addition to the Bull family of rocket kits. A great starter kit with excellent styling and performance. This puppy is perfect for pre-cert F and G flights and smaller fields. Comes complete with military style decals and a pre-slotted plastic boattail. 28" tall and weighs approximately 20 oz. Can be flown on F through H motors.

Dado-slotted Quantum Tube airframe for canard fins
Pre-slotted plastic boattail
G-10 Fiberglass fins
29mm motor mount
Military-style decals included
Piston ejection system
Multi-panel nylon parachute
Plastic nose cone
Thin-wall brass launch lug (PML 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

pml-bull%20puppy%2021-2012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

pml-bull%20puppy%2021-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Pole Cat Aerospace 4" Bull Pup kit. This was my first kit build. The kit is very nice and easy to build. Just wish it came with a parachute like so many other kits do.
BP outdoors 2.jpgBP outdoors 3.jpg

JP

Last edited:
First rocket build in 20 years. Estes kit. I added a motor hook because...really, friction fit on this?

20150425_124140.jpg

20150425_123414.jpg

Awesome job! I'm building one right now and was wondering if you used the ca glue on the shroud and tail cone as it said in the instructions? I want to make sure those are both smooth when all is said and done. I also would like to know the process you did when you did your nose cone? I want it smooth and flush. Thanks oh and the decals who? How? Where?

Between this thread and info posted in the Scale Data Estes BullPup 12D thread, I think I could probably do a halfway okay Bull Pup 12B build, but I haven't found anything quantitative regarding dimensions on the 12D. In particular, how much bigger diameter is it actually, what does the tail cone look like (i.e., is it the same as the 12B), etc? None of the handful of photos of actual 12Ds that I can find are of adequate quality to even make guesses or reasonable approximations of answers to those basic questions.

The only thing I'm sure of is that the Estes kit is basically "a rocket with a transition we had in inventory used as a tailcone and a nose cone we had and decals that look kinda okay." It's only kinda sorta scale if you squint from really, really far away.

Anyone know where to find more & better info?

@James Duffy because you are the guru of scale
@PeterAlway because, duh

Back