Wildman - Wildman Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3in Wildman dual-deploy. AT K550 took her to about 6800ft at NERRF last year.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WMDD1.JPG

EX J482 @ LDRS 28

Last edited:
My son's Wildman Jr. My name is Nathan and I wish I could put 4 green N motors in my Wildman Jr.:y::y::y::clap::rofl:

DSC_0166 resized.jpg

My daughter Emily's Wildchild. Hand painted with a brush and lots of fluorescent colors. First flight was on a CTI F36 Blue Streak.

DSC_0066 resized.jpg

here is my 7yr olds wild child and my ultimate wildman "freedoms price"

DSCF2483.JPG

DSCF2484.JPG

DSCF2382.JPG

DSCF2383.JPG

Here's my Wild Child... (and her rocket)

IMG_8557_2.jpg

Wildman DD on a CTI L935 (a truly wild flight)
We now call the rocket "Sudden Black"

Wildman DD on L935.JPG

And not to be outdone, Wildman JR's on CTI J600's in a drag race. Mine is green and orange second pad from the left, with Tim's second from the right, unpainted, also on a J600... there were others, running smaller motors, but for once (and probably the only time I'll ever do it) I got Tim!

NERRF wildman JR drag race.JPG

lastly, the only wild child holding his "Wild Trey"
(he's the only small child in the wildman family of distributors and his name is Trey)

IMG_1374 (640x427).jpg

Last edited:
My just completed Wild(er) Child

Wilder due to the new/upgraded filament wound Von Karman nosecone and the reshaped fins. I picked this up as one of the LDRS XXX special kits and made the fins from plain G10 stock. Maiden voyage should be this weekend or next.

s6

dzx wild(er) child.jpg

s6:
That looks awesome! I picked one up at LDRS 30 as well, Mine is DD though, Not stretching it just cutting it and adding a coupler.

Tim was asking what design to go with for a few new kits he's got coming out, That! in a 3.5" kit would be very cool.

Thanks Gary.

I'd love to see a 3.5" version of this. Probably have to build it scratch though - kit makers generally don't like the curves in the fins. It adds a lot of hassle for them on the manufacturing side of things. Straight fins are easy - a couple of simple cuts and perhaps a quick pass on a disc/belt sander and they are ready to pack. Those curves take more time and/or special jigs & templates - a few extra steps at the least. And they end up with more waste. And then once the customer gets the kit, they find that airfoiling or rounding curved edges is much trickier and a few folks at least are sure to ruin them, perhaps getting upset with the kit maker (unreasonably yes, but some will inevitably do it). There is a reason why just about all fibreglass kits come with simple, straight lined fins.

On the other hand, it really isn't THAT much of a big deal to do. There are certainly ways to maximize efficiency in any production setting. Any good manufacturer could design a system that would work just fine. It's just that a simple straight sided delta shape will always be cheaper/simpler/easier to produce.

For my money, a couple of simple curves make all the difference in the world. But I can understand why a kit maker/manufacturer might not go there.

Maybe though? waddya think Tim?

s6

Well the curves will most likely be cut on a CNC machine which is not a problem at all, I've already done some scratch kits that will come out later on and be available as kits.

The thing that bothers people is not having the leading edge beveled, With an 1/8" fin its no big deal but the 3/16" is a bit different "in peoples eyes"

I don't really see the problem though as a "rounded" edge is in fact more aerodynamic than a beveled edge.

Last edited:
Fourteen Ultimate Wildmen...

N5800 Drag Race at MidWest Power 9 (Oct 2011)

Attachments

• IMGP5365.jpg
    IMGP5365.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Alright not an original paint scheme, but why change a good looking rocket.

Wild Child small.jpg

lastly, the only wild child holding his "Wild Trey"
(he's the only small child in the wildman family of distributors and his name is Trey)

WOW!! how do you get that kid to stand on the wall like that...mad skills!! ;)

Finished my Wildman Wildchild, maiden voyage tentatively scheduled for March 24th. The paint scheme is actually black and orange, not sure why in the photo it appears pinkish (not that there's anything wrong with that :eek:).

Wildman Wildchild.jpg

Here is my first fiberglass kit .... the Wildman Wild Child. It was a very well designed and easy to build kit. Used JB Weld for mm tube, fine froot edge and to attach the kevlar cord and adapter to the nose cone. Fillets are 15min hobby epoxy. Also used a motor retainer from Sirius Rocketry. Custom paint scheme using testors metal flake gold and metal flake black lacquer. My 13 yo son and I are considering getting a sticker from Stickershock ... "Gold Rush"

Not sure where to start with motor choice. I have the 29/60, 29/40-120, 29/180 and 29/240 casings.

WildChild Gold rush.jpg

Ubercool name-that just rocks! Nice build-I'd start with your 120 case and a respectable 'G' motor. You'll be surprised at how high it goes right off. Clear skies, straight smoke and good chutes-enjoy!

Welcome to the Wildman Wildman Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Wildman Rocketry Wildman and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Wildman: Extreme Wildman:
Wildman: Ultimate Wildman:
Wildman: Wildman:
Wildman: Wildman 2 Stage Upgrade
Wildman: Wildman Dual Deploy
Wildman: Wildman JR:
Wildman: Wild Child:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Wildman Extreme Wildman Basic Information.

wildman.gif
Wildman Rocketry

MODEL NAME: Extreme Wildman Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x75mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter: 4"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: This 4" diameter Fiberglass kit will push the limits to the extreme.
It was designed to take any 75mm motor available.

The Kit Includes
52" long booster
24" long payload
12" long coupler
switch band
75mm motor mount
4-5-1 nose cone
centering rings
high quality tubular nylon
kevlar bridal
welded eyebolts
quick links,washers,nuts,ect. (Wildman 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

wildman-extreme%20wildman-2012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

wildman-extreme%20wildman-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Wildman Ultimate Wildman Basic Information.

wildman.gif
Wildman Rocketry

MODEL NAME: Ultimate Wildman Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount:
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description:

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments. I did notice one thing last night. For some reason the motor retainer seated about a mm or two off and when standing like in the picture it leans ever so slightly. Do you think that will be an issue?

Back