WILDMAN - DarkStar Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wildman DarkStar 4 Dual Deploy Basic Information.

wildman.gif
Wildman Rocketry

MODEL NAME: DarkStar 4 Dual Deploy Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x54mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter: 4"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: The Dark Star Dual Deploy

4" Diameter all Fiberglass Rocket

Features
40 inch G12 Booster
20 inch G12 Payload
8 inch Coupler
Von Karmen filament wound M/T nose cone
1/8 G10 fins
54mm G12 Motor Mount
4 Centering rings
Fiberglass Bulk Plates

(Wildman 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Wildman DarkStar Basic Information.

wildman.gif
Wildman Rocketry

MODEL NAME: DarkStar Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Motor Mount: 1x38mm
Length:
Diameter: 2.1"
Span:
Weight: 4.5 lbs

Mfg. Description:

Editoral Note: The original DarkStar has been "discontinued" and re-branded as the "DarkStar JR DD".

Advertising Liveries

wildman-darkstar-2011%20instruction%20image.jpg
2011 Instruction Image
wildman-darkstar-2011%20brochure.jpg
2011 Brochure

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

wildman-darkstar-instr%201.jpg

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Wildman DarkStar JR Dual Deploy Basic Information.

wildman.gif
Wildman Rocketry

MODEL NAME: DarkStar JR Dual Deploy Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Motor Mount: 1x38mm
Length:
Diameter: 2.1"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description:

Editoral Note: The original DarkStar has been "discontinued" and re-branded as the "DarkStar JR DD".

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
I did a full wrap for a customer on his Extreme Darkstar. He asked me to post it up for everyone to see, so here it is!

This is Chris Tomhave's LIII project, set to fly to 16,000 feet!

Chris TOmhave.jpg

For those of you that hate to paint this rocket has ZERO paint on it!

Great Job Chris Good luck on your LIII

That wrap is sweeeeeeeeeet.

Good luck to Chris on his L3 as well!

Woah!

That's what I call doing a level 3 in style.

Best of luck with your fight and congrats on the rocket.

I flew my Ultimate Darkstar to 6300 feet. I will post the reven results and photos when I get home. It has been a great launch at Orangeburg, sc. It was an awesome flyer.

Last edited:
I did a full wrap for a customer on his Extreme Darkstar. He asked me to post it up for everyone to see, so here it is!

This is Chris Tomhave's LIII project, set to fly to 16,000 feet!

View attachment 88879

For those of you that hate to paint this rocket has ZERO paint on it!

Great Job Chris Good luck on your LIII

Mark;

The rocket is amazing! How did you get the wrap to lay flat (without wrinkles) on the nosecone? I can't imagine how tough getting it through the fins must have been.

Darkstar "Talby," a Darkstar Lite modified for DD. 60" tall, named for a character in John Carpenter's movie "Dark Star."

DarkstarTalbyInPaint.jpg

That's only fitting, after all it was named after that movie.
your only the second person to notice, first was CJ.

That's only fitting, after all it was named after that movie.
That's even better than I thought. My plan is to name all my Dark Stars after characters in the movie. DS4DD will fly at LDRS and will either become Pinback or Doolittle.

Mines is going up on a M650W long burn, I added a 75mm adapter just for it, can't do a 98mm at LDRS, long burn 98 needs a 40k wavier.

Mark;

The rocket is amazing! How did you get the wrap to lay flat (without wrinkles) on the nosecone? I can't imagine how tough getting it through the fins must have been.

YOu need to tell Chris that I just made the decals LOL

They are printed on automotive vehicle wrap it is designed to conform to complex curves easily. basically you done nose cones in several (3 or 4) long skinny triangles. it takes a little skill BUT not so hard that someone with little or no experience can do it without to much trouble!

Darkstar-DD.jpg

Finally finished my Darkstar 4" DD (54mm motor) after nearly 2 years of dinking around. Vinyl? Why, Stickershock of course!

I forgot to post a launch pic of mine from NERRF8.

Flying on a CTI 54mm 6XL L 1030RL to 7,700ft
21.4lbs fully loaded on the pad.

DarkStarExtremeL1030RL.jpg

DarkStarEXTRlL1030pic3.jpg

JD

Mines is going up on a M650W long burn, I added a 75mm adapter just for it, can't do a 98mm at LDRS, long burn 98 needs a 40k wavier.

I flew that motor in my DSE. Post some flight results, I am interested in your altitude with the reduced weight.

Jason
I was told there maybe a 3" DS very soon. Now that would be nice. I have been making up a parts list for one but maybe I will wait for the kit.
Are you coming up to TWA Bong on the 18th? I think WOOSH will be there on the 19th
See Ya
GP

Jason
I was told there maybe a 3" DS very soon. Now that would be nice. I have been making up a parts list for one but maybe I will wait for the kit.
Are you coming up to TWA Bong on the 18th? I think WOOSH will be there on the 19th
See Ya
GP
Gary, We'll be there both days.

I will be there. Looking forward to it. Mini Mag Drag Race Woosh VS. TWA????

Here's mine. It is a DD, but I can't do DD flights yet so I just keep it as a regular 4" DS. The vinyl isn't Stickershock, since I had it laying around. It is the best paint job I have done to date.
182195_329634583791540_448433106_n.jpg

So that's my launch report. Hope it was worth reading... big thanks again to Wayco and his lovely wife Sharon and to Bryce for all the talk, chow, and fun. Of course same to the newly minted Level 3 edwinshap1 and his S.O.

I feel bad encouraging Sharon to launch her beautiful Squat only to have what 'look like' the worst Estes dent ever (maybe it was something else)... but I'll let Wayco cover those details.

Here's a nice shot of Sharon's Darkstar on K Dark Matter load (I think).

10803465736_7566f33c22_c.jpg

Post copied to gallery with permission

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a nice shot of Sharon's Darkstar on K Dark Matter load (I think).

10803465736_7566f33c22_c.jpg

Post copied to gallery with permission

That's an awesome picture, thank you so much. My 3" Darkstar flew on an Aerotech K540 Metalstorm for my successful Level 2 Certification flight. Now that we are back from the rest of our trip I need to get the video and pictures uploaded and posted.

That's an awesome picture, thank you so much. My 3" Darkstar flew on an Aerotech K540 Metalstorm for my successful Level 2 Certification flight. Now that we are back from the rest of our trip I need to get the video and pictures uploaded and posted.

Congrats on the L2 ...heard you exceeded my own personal altitude best - its not a drag race, but its on ! Too hard to catch Wayco right now with the 12k+ .. he will hit 20k soon!

Concerning your slick Dark Star...was it painted or just cleared - from this shot looks liquid smooth .

Kenny

Forgot all about this thread! Guess I should add my 3" DS purchased last year during Tim's Black Saturday Gala:

DS-Stealth-02.jpg1st_EX.jpg

1st flight on a 5 grain "K" research motor at AIRFest. Vinyl a scheme Stickershock and I worked up. Just a play on the original DS vinyl...but I dig it.

Back