Nervous about Level 1 Recovery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You ready to go, Kit?
Ready as I'll ever be.

Filled up the tank, loaded the birds in the trunk, the table, pop-up tent, chair and range box in the back seat. I remembered to pick up a bag of ice earlier in the day so the ice chest is sitting on the floor in the kitchen waiting to be filled first thing in the AM.

Sunblock...can't forget the sunblock. Or the camera. Or the map.

Seeya on the range tomorrow.

No, he's talking about the red cap that holds the black powder. It goes on the forward closure. I think you're thinking about the bigger yellow caps (at least the ones I've seen are yellow) that used to come with the motors to hold the igniter in place. They no longer come with those, some of the single use motors I've used come with a rubber band instead. The rubber bands never worked for me, I use masking tape (just don't cover the end of the nozzle).

As far as i know:
Aerotech hobby line motors come with a large and small red cap. Large is for nozzle, small is for ejection well.
Aerotech high power motors come with a single red cap. The red cap is for nozzle.
Some/all Aerotech single use motors come with a rubber band. Rubber band is for nozzle.

CTI 29mm high power motors come with a yellow cap. Yellow cap is for nozzle.

Bob

Yeah, hurry up and tell us!

Oh, wait...I was there and saw it.

Too tired to talk about it now. More tomorrow. Video and pictures, too.

Congrats!

Glad to hear everything went well :D

Let me give you the traditional L1 certification greeting:

Congratulations, open up your wallet!

Congratulations! :w:

I hope to make the same post this time next month.

G.D.

Congratulations Jim!! Now send some of your luck my way for my level 1 attempt today. Bill

Back