Custom - Landviper (#10001) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose_in_co

Reaction score
One of my favorite Custom Rocket Designs, the Landviper. This one is a clone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my original...

DSC03448.jpg

...and the only shot I have of it in flight. Sucker takes off quick!

DSC03438.jpg

Talked to Andy at ihobby today. He has a few new kits coming out and is rereleasing the Landviper but with a different (ogive) nose cone. I would love to see a Starlight Sieron 3 VS a Landviper drag race.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Model rockets LLC
www.starlightrocketry.com

Racer,

Are all the decals on yours original ?

I have an original kit - and all it included was the kitname decal ( mine were scanned and are posted on YORP ), I had always assumed the catalog model was embellished for the catalog.

inquiring minds ....

~ AL

Last edited:
I won one off of ebay a couple months back..... looking forward to building it it...

Racer,

Are all the decals on yours original ?

I have an original kit - and all it included was the kitname decal ( mine were scanned and are postred on YORP ), I had always assumed the catalog model was embellished for the catalog.

inquiring minds ....

~ AL

Yep, mine is 100% vintage original. Sadly, I've only flown it once, but it still looks great and is one of my faves.

I'd say you were shorted some decals.

[edit] I can try to get some closeups if you'd like to reproduce them.

Last edited:
If anyone gets a scan of those decals I woud love to get a copy too!

Thanks

Goose

Welcome to the Custom - Landviper (#10001) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Custom - Landviper and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Custom: Landviper: #10001
Custom: Landviper: #10056

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Custom Landviper (#10001) Basic Information.

custom.gif
Custom Rockets

Landviper

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Cluster
Motor Mount: 3x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: DESC

custom-landviper-1994%20cat%20livery.jpg
Custom 1994 Catalog

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the new Landviper? I have not seen it yet at my LHS.

Here's mine:

1.jpg

And after it's maiden voyage:

2.jpg

RSO's last rites:

"Purrrtttyy heavy for a streamer...."

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! They consider this a streamer bird?!? That's pretty shortsighted on the part of Custom. They've been doing this long enough that they should know better.

No, the streamer was my brainchild. The kit comes with a chute. My laziness (windy day) and inexperience :facepalm:...

Great kit and an awesome flight. I'm going to build another and save this one as a reminder...

Custom Landviper (#10056) Basic Information.

custom.gif
Custom Rockets

MODEL NAME: Landviper Also known as:

NUMBER: #10056

Introduced: 2011
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Cluster, Re-issue
Motor Mount: 3x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 28” (71 cm)
Diameter: 1.637” (41.6 mm)
Span:
Weight: 3.02 oz (85.6 g)

Mfg. Description: Three engine cluster kit! Impressive flights with this kit. Features blow-molded plastic nose cone, six die-cut balsa fins, and big 18” parachute recovery. Easy paint scheme gets this rocket on launch pad fast. Includes self-adhesive decals and complete cluster instructions. (Custom 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

custom-landviper%2010056-2011%20web.jpg
2011 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

custom-landviper%2010056-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
No, the streamer was my brainchild. The kit comes with a chute. My laziness (windy day) and inexperience :facepalm:...

Great kit and an awesome flight. I'm going to build another and save this one as a reminder...

Ah. I see. That's a tough lesson, man. That was a good looking bird.

I like that design. When things get caught up around here I'll be adding one too.
Little pricey to fly, but I have Scratch Build Ranger & Scrambler that are 3x18mm I gotta finish up this year.
Now that I can afford paint, lol.
Hopefully, they won't need repairs when I pull them out of the box at storage.

Just finished my Custom LandViper just in time for this Saturday's SPAAR launch in Halifax Pa. Planning to fly it on either 3 A3-4 or B4-4 Q-jet motors. Quite impressive kit for $16. I think Casper is inspecting for "hydrogen leaks."
IMG_20220915_184814165.jpg
IMG_20220915_184825408.jpg

Back