Sirius - Interrogator (S-0011) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st is the Interrogator. This is another Sirius rocket. Lots of decals, and
interesting shape make this rocket a real looker.

Post copied to gallery with permission

interragator (Large).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the apex of the line, The Interrogator G. I was very fortunate to have had this kit bestowed upon me, as it was a prize from my club at last years xmas party. A delight to build, with a decal set to rival anything out there. I hope to get an opprotunity to fly it in about two weeks, with the RexR inspired horizontal recovery harness.

interrogator1.JPG

interrogator2.JPG

interrogator3.JPG

interrogator4.JPG

Nice job, Chadrog. I liek the silver on the dowels!

Very sharp man! That many decals would wear me out.

Loving it!

Great job!

Thanks for posting the pics!

David
The Sirius Guy!

This is the apex of the line, The Interrogator G. I was very fortunate to have had this kit bestowed upon me, as it was a prize from my club at last years xmas party. A delight to build, with a decal set to rival anything out there. I hope to get an opprotunity to fly it in about two weeks, with the RexR inspired horizontal recovery harness.

Loving it!

Great job!

Thanks for posting the pics!

David
The Sirius Guy!

It really was a joy to build, and I'm quite anxious to fly it. The kit is fantastic, with very good instruction. I recomond it for anyone wanting more than a "normal" 3fnc.
David, you should set aside the last weekend in August and come down to E.C.O.F, There will be several of your creations there.

chad: be sure to balance the harness with an expended motor installed, otherwise it will not be horizontal(my intercept comes down a bit nose high...I goofed :eek:). let me know if you need pics etc.
rex

chad: be sure to balance the harness with an expended motor installed, otherwise it will not be horizontal(my intercept comes down a bit nose high...I goofed :eek:). let me know if you need pics etc.
rex

Oooooh, I didn't think of that. Thanks Rex.

I suspect that you might want to arrange the harness so the forward end is a bit high(1/2"-1"?) when static testing as the fins should try to push the nose down when it is descending...but I'm not sure.

Great minds think alike!

I too built the G over the winter break. Chadrog, will you be at Tripoli Wisconsin's Bong launch in mid April?

If so, let's go for drag race!

IMG_0180small.jpg

Great minds think alike!

I too built the G over the winter break. Chadrog, will you be at Tripoli Wisconsin's Bong launch in mid April?

If so, let's go for drag race!

I'm planning to be there Saturday, what motor did you have in mind? I'm thinkin' G64.

I'm planning to be there Saturday, what motor did you have in mind? I'm thinkin' G64.

Sorry it took me so long to reply...

My 29mm aerotech hardware cato'ed last year, and I have a replacement on backorder (hobbylinc why have your forsaken me?). I've got a bunch of single use f50's, or g80's, and would be happy to supply both.

I'll also be launching my L3 on Saturday, so I'm sure I'll be a bit crazed.

I always wanted to get one of those. What's the parts like? Is it lite ply or balsa? Just curious?

Finished my 18mm Sirius Interrogater. Great build and will add 24mm version to my build list.

Looks great Jeff, are you going to bring it to JC next weekend? That is if the nine hundred MPH winds ever subside. I still haven't flown mine, need to get to that this year.

I always wanted to get one of those. What's the parts like? Is it lite ply or balsa? Just curious?

The parts are all good quality - LOC tubes, balsa cone, top flight recovery gear, laser cut lite ply wings/fins. David is a WOOSH member, so it has to be good! Was a pleasing build. The decal set is intense, takes much patience.

Now that's what I call a bitchin kit!! Right on! What's the biggest motor you can fly that on?

Any 29mm will fit. I don't know what the biggest CTI 29 is, but the max of the Aerotech line would be the I200.

Looks great Jeff, are you going to bring it to JC next weekend? That is if the nine hundred MPH winds ever subside. I still haven't flown mine, need to get to that this year.

No, I'll bring it to Bong in a couple weeks and maybe fly it there.

Welcome to the Sirius Interrogator (S-0011) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Sirius Interrogator (S-0011) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Sirius: Interrogator: S-0011
Sirius: Interrogator G: S-0015
Sirius: Mid-Power Interrogator: S-0012

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Sirius Interrogator (S-0011) Basic Information.

sirius.gif
Sirius Rocketry

MODEL NAME: Interrogator Also known as:

NUMBER: S-0011

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Exotic
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 19.9"
Diameter: 1.325"
Span:
Weight: 2.2 oz

Mfg. Description: Near Space Fighter

The Interrogator Near-Space Fighter is here! The latest kit in the Sirius Rocketry line is an original and unique model that also pays just a teeny bit of homage in subtle ways to some of those old classic space fighter plane designs. Featuring a unique slung fin design and interesting lines, the Interrogator also uses some unique building methods to simplify construction, add strength and make finishing easier. The Interrogator will not only look great and fly high, but may teach a new skill or two that you can add to your rocketry-building arsenal! Also, since the "detail is in the decals", the Interrogator includes LOTS of full-color waterslide decals to make the Interrogator another Sirius Rocketry signature kit! (Sirius 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

sirius-interrogator%20s0011-2007%20web.jpg
2007 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Sirius Mid-Power Interrogator (S-0012) Basic Information.

sirius.gif
Sirius Rocketry

MODEL NAME: Mid-Power Interrogator Also known as:

NUMBER: S-0012

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Exotic
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Length: 27"
Diameter: 1.637"
Span:
Weight: 4.5 oz

Mfg. Description: Latest Addition to the Sirius Elite Mid-Power Series!

The Mid-Power Interrogator Near-Space Fighter is here!

When we were prototyping the Interrogator, we made our test models in two sizes. We could not decide which size to release, so we are releasing them both! Whereas the Interrogator flies great on A-C motors, this Mid-Power version will fly on C all the way up to F motors! The Mid-Power Interrogator is about 36% larger than the standard Interrogator, and features a unique slung fin design, and lightweight paper-laminated fins designed to hold up suprisingly well to the recommended motors...all the way up to one of my favorite D-12 mid-power substitutes, the Aerotech RMS F12 Blackjack! The kit pays homage in subtle ways to some of the "space fighter" kits of old, but has a unique look all it's own. And it does not skimp on the markings! The kit includes LOTS of full-color waterslide decals, in fact one-and-one-half 8-1/2" x 11" sheets worth of decals to make the Interrogator another Sirius Rocketry signature kit! (Sirius 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

sirius-mid%20power%20interrogator%20s0012-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Sirius Interrogator G (S-0015) Basic Information.

sirius.gif
Sirius Rocketry

MODEL NAME: Interrogator G Also known as:

NUMBER: S-0015

Introduced: 2009
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Exotic, Upscale
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Length: 44.125"
Diameter: 2.245" / 3.0" Intake Tube.
Span:
Weight: 21.5 oz

Mfg. Description: First in the Sirius Rocketry Transition Series

The Transition Series Mid/High Power Interrogator G Near-Space Fighter debuted at NSL 2009!

The Interrogator has become one of the signature kits of Sirius Rocketry. We did not really plan it that way though. When we released the Interrogator and the Mid-Power Interrogator simultaneously, they were both instant hits, with an 18mm size for the model rocketeer crowd, and another for the 24mm mid-power crowd. But the one thing that we kept hearing was that you wanted it even larger.

And that fit right in with the plans we had for a new "Transition Series" of kits, kits that could be flown on model rocket motors, yet could also be flown on high-power motors to help the user transition into high-power rocketry. The Interrogator G is the first example of such a kit. It flies great on F and G motors, and plenty high on them. But if the user wants to try for their Level 1 high-power certification, the Interrogator "G" can comfortably fly on an H motor with its 29mm mount and become an "Interrogator H".

The Interrogator G has many features that make it a fun and easy kit to build and a great one to fly. For starters:

- Heavy-wall body tubes to stand up to the rigors of higher-impulse flight.

- Precision laser-cut aircraft plywood fins and centering rings.

- Unique backplate system strengthens the rudders.

- Four full-color decal sheets. Based on the smaller models, at this scale, you will notice even more detail is included!

- Durable ripstop nylon parachute from our friends at Top Flight Recovery.

- Durable 400-pound test Kevlar™ shock cord mount and generous elastic shock cord to soften the stress of deployment.

- Laser-cut bevel on the intake tube so you do not have to cut the bevel like on the smaller Interrogators.

- Pre-cut dowel details. We do the cutting so you do not have to.

- A detailed 12-page instruction manual that Sirius Rocketry is famous for. It includes clear step-by-step illustrations and several pages of suggestions and tips to help you make the most of your build. Our instruction manuals are based on 40 years of rocketry experience, and users rave about the things they learn about building great models from the tips in our manuals.

- Boxed kit typical of mid-high power kits of a decade or more ago. The box not only helps to protect the parts much better than a plastic bag, but keeps parts in the kit from distorting and warping better than a plastic bag.

- Many extras are also included so you do not have to purchase them seperately or modify the kit. Like a quick link for the parachute and positive motor retention hardware. These are just some of the things that are optional in other kits. Both a 1/4" launch lug and rail buttons for standard 1010 rail are also included to give you the ability to launch on almost any club's equipment.

The Interrogator G will impress others with its unique slung-fin design, loads of decals and details and graceful flights. And you will have a fantastic futuristic rocket that can take you from beginners composite rocketry with F motors all the way to your Level 1 high-power certification with H motors!

The Interrogator G also frequently tends to ascend with a whistling sound. It is perhaps due to the beveled intake and the ramjet tubes, but however it happens, it is just another cool thing when it does.

Now, anyone who knows us knows that we like them to go up low and slow and not so high that we cannot enjoy the whole flight. But if you want, the Interrogator G can go out of sight. The range of altitiudes on recommended motors are listed in the right column. (Sirius 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

sirius-interrogator%20g%20s0015-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
This is a top notch kit and very rewarding to build (thx David!!).

I added an Estes 24mm retainer but all the rest stock.

PIX:

Post copied to gallery with permission

By request, I am posting a description and a couple pic's of the stand I made for my Interrogator G. If this is not the best place for it, feel free to move it accordingly.

There's not much to it - a three foot length of 1/4" low carbon (weld) rod, a chunk of dowel, and a ring of 29mm tube. I started by attaching the dowel with the stop ring to the rod, and worked backwards from there. Once the elbow was bent with the right clearance width, it was just a matter of creating a sturdy base with the rod that remained. The right amount of clearance was important because it is usually in a vertical orientation, hanging on my bedroom wall. A slight bend to the elbow and it's ready to be displayed horizontally as seen above.

PIC_3680.jpgPIC_3681.jpgPIC_3682.jpgPIC_3683.jpg

One of my winter projects --- an MMX version of the Interrogator, by itself and with its "bigger" brother, the LPR Interrogator. Total length of the MMX is 8 inches.

One of my winter projects --- an MMX version of the Interrogator, by itself and with its "bigger" brother, the LPR Interrogator. Total length of the MMX is 8 inches.

Thanks for posting!

Please ignore my request in your other thread. You already did it!

Back