Semroc - VF-261 (KA-10) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
The Semroc VF 261 is a nice, small retro styled rocket that is not too hard to build and which flies well. It seems almost obligatory for a rocket of this general shape to be a metallic silver color and mine is though now it is a very tarnished metallic silver. Woody Woodpecker is still at the controls.

Mine is built stock but there must be other variants out there someplace.

My TRF thread is here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=7506

The photo albums are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/23694991@N03/collections/72157607453621463/

transfer 034.jpg

VF-f1a.jpg

VF261-F1a.jpg

VF261-F1d.jpg

VF261-F1e.jpg

Last edited:
John....

I love the tarnished look to yours - that really adds a lot to it!

Here is mine. I made it for the 2008 October Sky Festival. I wanted a somewhat unique rocket to have Homer Hickam and the Rocket Boys autograph, yet small enough to actually fly at Cape Coalwood without too much risk of losing it. The VF261 was a perfect fit. This picture was before the autographs and Coalwood flight. I added a custom canopy that I made out of a manila folder, and added some custom decals.

Copy of October Sky VF-261.JPG

John....

I love the tarnished look to yours - that really adds a lot to it!

Here is mine. I made it for the 2008 October Sky Festival. I wanted a somewhat unique rocket to have Homer Hickam and the Rocket Boys autograph, yet small enough to actually fly at Cape Coalwood without too much risk of losing it. The VF261 was a perfect fit. This picture was before the autographs and Coalwood flight. I added a custom canopy that I made out of a manila folder, and added some custom decals.

That's great! It looks sleek, modern and retro all at once.

Mine was one of my earlier efforts, before I started taking pictures of builds. I fought that paint endlessly and then finally decided that if it had been sitting around since the 50s, it should be tarnished.

119.jpg

122.jpg

I still drag my VF-261 out from time to time. Great small field flier on an A8-3.

Welcome to the Semroc VF-261 (KA-10) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Semroc VF-261 (KA-10) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Semroc: VF-261: KA-10

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Semroc VF-261 (KA-10) Basic Information.

semroc.gif
Semroc Astronautics

MODEL NAME: VF-261 Also known as:

NUMBER: KA-10

Introduced: 2007
Final Year:
Designer: Vern Estes, Carl McLawhorn

Type: Sport, Retro
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 11.1" (28.2 cm)
Diameter: 1.325" (3.4 cm)
Span: 5.5" (14.0 cm)
Weight: 1.6 oz (45.4 g)

Mfg. Description:

Advertising Liveries

semroc-vf%20261%20ka10-2007%20web%20livery.jpg
2007 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

semroc-vf%20261%20ka10-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

semroc-vf%20261%20ka10-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
VF-261.jpg
My Semroc VF-261 that was chosen by the Seattle Museum of Flight at NARAM 56. Modified the kit for rear ejection and my brother 3D printed the wing pods for me.

View attachment 179908
My Semroc VF-261 that was chosen by the Seattle Museum of Flight at NARAM 56. Modified the kit for rear ejection and my brother 3D printed the wing pods for me.

I got to see this rocket at NARAM. Nice rocket, Scott! Congratulations on getting into the museum!

Good to see this one here....I was going to see if I had a decent picture of it, but now I don't have to. :)

It will be a great part of the exhibit at the MoF.

I wondered how you got the tip pods so nice....now I know!

Back