FlisKits - Deuce's Wild (CL002) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my Deuce's Wild...

DuecesWild.jpg

--- Ron

I like your color scheme, Ron! I noticed you are in Minneapolis. Where do you fly? You should come out to the MASA launch tomorrow just east of Elk River (www.masa-rocketry.org)

I found some old pictures. My Deuce before any flights.

5659b390.jpg

f6372cf8.jpg

Well here is my Candy Corn paint scheme. Had a few issues here and there. This is my first paint job with multiple colors and masking. I've learned a few things from this experience. Looking forward to flying it this weekend. All that's left is to prepare the chute and mount shock cord. Looking forward to doing another Fliskit in the future. Thanks for the experience Jim!

6283082102_3f08908691_z.jpg

Post copied to gallery with permission

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, the Fliskits Diminutive Deuce is small, and it is already an MMax rocket. It lets you use two at a time!

But, as I've indicated, I make card models and goonies of my kits (unless it wouldn't make sense). The family photo has the big goony, the papa dressed in prototype black as is presented on the Fliskits site, and the tiny blue and yellow rocket is a minimum diameter MMax cardmodel.

The up close photo is of just the two MMax rockets, the real kit with two MMax engines, and the cardmodel with just one MMax engine.

Post copied with permission

Attachments

• IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
I guess this should go here. It is a Baby Bertha with a Deuce motor mount and nose cone. The launch pic is courtesy of Fliskits (thanks Jim).

43a2fb42.jpg

BabyDeuce-1.jpg

13mm Deuce's Wild. The launch pic is courtesy of Fliskits (thanks Jim).

13mmDeuce-1.jpg

DSC09125.jpg

Last edited:
My latest onboard view from the big Deuce, CTI J355's this time :)
[YOUTUBE]p5pPxi7dQV4[/YOUTUBE]
Ground view of the same flight
[YOUTUBE]rvrBMZJ8EFw[/YOUTUBE]

Onboard is 720p, ground is 1080i

Welcome to the FlisKits Deuce's Wild (CL002) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the FlisKits Deuce's Wild (CL002) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Excelsior Rocketry: Smokin' Deuce
FlisKits: Deuce's Wild: CL002
FlisKits: Diminutive Deuce: MX005

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
FlisKits Deuce's Wild (CL002) Basic Information.

fliskits.gif
FlisKits

MODEL NAME: Deuce's Wild Also known as:

NUMBER: CL002

Introduced: 2002
Final Year:
Designer: Jim Flis

Type: Sport, Cluster
Motor Mount: 2x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 21.2"
Diameter: 1.637"
Span: 9.64"
Weight: 1.97 oz

Mfg. Description: The Deuce’s Wild! stunned them at NSL! Shocked them at local launches! Has taken the WORLD by storm! Find out what all the excitement is about!

The Deuce's Wild! sports the most unique cluster arrangement ever found in model rocketry! Each of two motors are canted at a 15 degree angle, producing awesome smoke trails as it rips into the sky on dual motor cluster!

Special attention to detail is needed to construct and launch this model properly. Simultaneous engine ignition is critical for stable flights, but once launched, the crowd will hush as they watch something like
they've never seen before! (FlisKits 2005 Catalog)

=====

Deuce's ARE wild, with this unique model rocket kit!

The Deuce's Wild! sports the most unique cluster arrangement ever found in model rocketry! Each of two motors are canted at a 15 degree angle, producing awesome smoke trails as it rips into the sky on dual motor cluster!

Special attention to detail is needed to construct and launch this model properly. Simultaneous engine ignition is critical for stable flights, but once launched, the crowd will hush as they watch something like they've never seen before!

Safely returned on a colorful 16" parachute, this model will bring you hours of fun and make a fin addition to your growing fleet of model rockets!

The Deuce's Wild! is also the proud vehicle of the Tour de' Deuce, now touring the United States of America! Begun in November of 2003 in Florida, the Tour de' Deuce is slated to conclude in early 2006 in New Hampshire. (FlisKits 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

fliskits-deuces%20wild%20cl002-2005%20cat.jpg
2005 Catalog

fliskits-deuces%20wild%20cl002-2002%20web.jpg
2002 Web Ad
fliskits-deuces%20wild%20cl002-2007%20web.jpg
2007 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
FlisKits Diminutive Deuce (MX005) Basic Information.

fliskits.gif
FlisKits

MODEL NAME: Diminutive Deuce Also known as:

NUMBER: MX005

Introduced: 2006
Final Year:
Designer: Jim Flis

Type: Sport, Downscale
Motor Mount: 2x6mm
Recovery: Streamer
Length: 6.56"
Diameter: 0.541"
Span: 3.18"
Weight:

Mfg. Description: No significant text in 2010 catalog.

=====

The Deuce's Wild! canted motor model rocket concept has become one of the most popular and talked about design in the industry. It's canted motor cluster produces the most distinctive smoke trail of any model rocket kit available with the possible exception of the Tres, her cousin kit.

As a result of this popularity and the excitement generated by this design, FlisKits has started selling engine mount kits for the Deuce's Wild! as well as upscale (24mm) and down scale (13mm) versions of that mount. To further highlight the popularity of this particular design, FlisKits held a "Deuce Bash" contest resulting in many exciting designs based on this most creative engine mount.

The highlight of all of this popularity is the ongoing Tour de Deuce that is taking 2 Deuce's Wild! kits and flying them in every state in the United States of America.

It seems, with regard to the Deuce, that the fun never stops! And that tradition continues with the announcement of the Diminutive Deuce! The smallest of the Deuce family, the Diminutive Deuce measures in at a "diminutive" 6.56" tall, making it one of the smallest, if not THE smallest Micromaxx® cluster kits ever offered!

The Diminutive Deuce! comes with everything you need to construct this model. This kit features balsawood fin stock with a fin pattern for cutting out 4 trapezoid fins, balsa nose cone, body tube, 2 motor tubes and a custom centering ring. Also included is a fin pattern sheet with details on how to cut the body tube to accept the canted cluster motor mount. Highly detailed instructions and high quality Kevlar® based recovery equipment make this kit a joy to build and a thrill to fly!

Instructions also include details on how to prepare your model for flight including special tips on launching cluster Micromaxx® models.

Also, to get that classic two-tone yellow on blue Deuce paint scheme, we offer for free download the painting mask you will need to duplicate this attractive trademark paint job. (FlisKits 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

fliskits-diminutive%20deuce%20mx005-2010%20cat.jpg
2010 Catalog

fliskits-diminutive%20deuce%20mx005-2006%20web.jpg
2006 Web Ad
fliskits-diminutive%20deuce%20mx005-2011%20web.jpg
2011 Web Ad
fliskits-diminutive%20deuce%20mx005-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Guess I should include my latest Deuce - 98mm!Deuce98 pad 1a.jpg

The maiden flight:[YOUTUBE]JjGPJ0RldZ8[/YOUTUBE]
Onboard: [YOUTUBE]3OHL_wbL-GU[/YOUTUBE]

Excelsior Smokin' Deuce Basic Information.

excelsior%20logo.gif
Excelsior Rocketry

MODEL NAME: Smokin' Deuce Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Jim Flis, Gordon Agnello

Type: Cluster, Sport
Motor Mount: 2x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: This nosecone fits on the excellent Fliskits product called the Dueces Wild.

These nose cones are "made to order". Please allow an extra day or two.

They can also be used for a "scale" Nike Smoke, just remove the "SPOKIN' DEUCE" from the decal! (Excelsior 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

excelsior-smokin%20deuce-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
Back