Odd'l Rockets- Squatty Body Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the Odd'l Squatty Body Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Odd'l Squatty Body and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Odd'l: Squatty Body:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Odd'l Squatty Body Basic Information.

oddl.gif
Odd'l Rockets

MODEL NAME: Squatty Body Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Chris Michaelson

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Streamer
Stages: 1
Length: 6 5/8"
Diameter: 1.38"
Span:
Weight: 1.5 oz

Mfg. Description: The Squatty Body Nose cone is longer than the rest of the rocket! (Odd'l 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

oddl-squatty%20body-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

oddl-squatty%20body-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

oddl-squatty%20body-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I flew the Odd'l Rockets Red Max themed 'Der Huge Red Squatty Body' on a 1/2A6-2 with a streamer. The flight was fine for the grass, but a small parachute (which is what it is supplied with) is optimal. Packing a streamer is easier, but really it needs a small chute. Do what I say, not what I do. With the weight in the nose cone it basically drags the streamer and body behind it. :)

8626468650_66de4acf2c_b.jpg

8626469262_88c827d59f_b.jpg

Post copied to gallery with permission

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished this Squatty Body model. It was a fun little build, but I haven't flown it yet. The paints are Rustoleum gloss enamels with a Future overcoat.

I test-fitted an 8" chute, which I think will work OK. I agree with a previous poster that the heavily-weighted nose cone probably needs a small chute. We'll have to see if I can get it to deploy without making a tangled mess.

This is a nice, slightly different kit that I would recommend to others.

IMG_2082.JPG IMG_2084.JPG

This was one of the first rockets I built (and lost). So I built another one. It is so simple, yet I love the design. Squatty Body picture.JPG

Rediscovered mine after a prompt by a thread on YORF asking for an identification and a rough sketch that was clearly one of these. Built nearly 10 years ago and flown once back then. It flew again on a B6-4 yesterday altogether satisfactorily.IMG_3060.JPGIMG_3064_V2F_2020-07-15_16-11-37_917.JPG

Back