Estes - Delta Clipper (#2067) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peregrine Falcon

Reaction score
I found this one unfinished with no recovery or shock cord in a closet when I first started in rocketry again. No decals or anything, wasn't even sure what it was until I found it on Ye Olde Rocket Plans.

I obviously did my own paint job, haven't seen much of this bird, I think I found just a couple of flight records for it on EMRR, no reviews or anything. High flying as a 2 stage D, just finished it a bit ago and haven't flown it yet.

OOPS forgot to put "gallery" in the title

Rockets 001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Estes Delta Clipper (#2067) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Delta Clipper (#2067) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Delta Clipper: #2067

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Delta Clipper (#2067) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Delta Clipper Also known as:

NUMBER: #2067

Introduced: 1992
Final Year: 1996
Designer: Tim Van Milligan

Type: Sport, 2 Stage
Motor Mount: 1x24mm/1x24mm
Recovery: Tumble, Streamer
Stages: 2
Length: 26"
Diameter: 1"
Span:
Weight: 2.6 oz

Mfg. Description: Reach for the clouds with super high performance! (Estes 1992 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-delta%20clipper%202067-1992%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1992 Catalog
estes-delta%20clipper%202067-1993%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1993 Catalog
estes-delta%20clipper%202067-1994%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1994 Catalog
estes-delta%20clipper%202067-1995%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1995 Catalog

Face Card(s)

estes-delta%20clipper%202067-facecard.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Here's a near clone made from semroc parts. The original used an unusual sized tube, just big enough to fit a coupler and the motor mount tube. I picked series 11 tube, which is a little fatter than that, but as close as I could get. Added engine hooks, made the main stage E powered, and set it up for gap staging. Weight is just under two and a half ounces unloaded.

This was the most annoying masking job I've done. If white could be sprayed over orange it would have been much easier. I didnt use the name stickers because its not a real one, and I feel they take away from the look.

This will be club-launch only. I may need help seeing it come down from half a mile.

rockets210.jpg

This will be club-launch only. I may need help seeing it come down from half a mile.
Try a C11-0/C11-7 combo for your first flight. I agree with getting help with watching the upper stage descend. I lost the upper stage on its first flight back in back in Late 1994. :(.

It's flown twice on two separate days now.

The first day had some strong wind, so I decided to use a c6-0 and b6-4 in adapters. I didnt have any c11. The weight was barely pushing the limits for a c6, and maybe it would have been fine, but not with the wind. It left the pad then started to move sideways on the way up. Like it was still pointing straight up, but strafing sideways. Sustainer lit, thats when it took a sharp angle downwind. A mylar streamer and the sun helped me track it.

Day two, almost no wind, but heavy rainclouds. Decided to try a d12-0 and d12-7. Booster lands very close. Sustainer was lost in the clouds, luckily some others saw it land. Streamer had lost its creases, so it fell fast enough to pop a fin, even with through the wall construction.

Lessons learned about this rocket:
It really doesnt weathercock. Stability is close to 1cal. Point it upwind.
A c6-0 is a little weak for the booster.
a d12-0 and e9-6 combo would probably be safe to still be able to see, but only if the skies are clear.
Painting the coupler orange would really help you find the booster. You can sort of see the orange ring sticking out of the grass, but making the ring that extra inch taller would help.

rockets214.jpg

Back