Estes - Fat Boy (#2139) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KHamel

Reaction score
I have built a few.

First the lost beyond the swamp 4X 24mm....flew great.

4x24FatBoy.jpg

4X-24-FatBoy2.jpg

The 24mm on an E18. Thanks to Jim Flis Fliskits.com for the picture.

DSC08791.jpg

The latest 4x18mm and a central 24mm.

24mm4-18mmFatBoy5.jpg

24mm4-18mmFatBoy3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Fat Boy-29 has a 29mm mount. It has a motor block (ptui!) so it flew on the old version of the G25/G38 Econojets. I need to get an SU 'F' and get it back into the air.

The Fat Boin-nk is a 'boink recovery' foam Fat Boy.

fat_boink_8.jpg

Here's a photo of the 3 x 18mm Fat Boy that I inherited when Paul Miller moved to Arizona. I fixed it up and it saw its flight #34 at MDRA's ESL-145.

paul miller going away 5 22 2010 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
12 x 13 mm. Last flight was in 2005. It's still in flyable condition. There's 100g nose weight so I can load it with C20's. The highest flight was on 6 C20-8's but it flies OK on 12 A3-4's or A10-3's. Flight photo is on 12 A3-4's.

Flight1.jpg

Cnv0001.jpg

Some of mine:

Gator Boy, a fleet photo showing my Larrymobile, Bat Boy, showing 3x18 mount, and Hulkster on the pad at NEFAR. Gator and Larry have the stock 18mm mount and Hulkster has a 24mm "E" mount.

GatorBoy.jpg

BatBoy.jpg

3x18Cluster.jpg

Close-upRight.jpg

IMG_8521_t.jpg

Here is my Polecat Aerospace Fat Man ( which I certified level 2 on ) flying on a H123W

FatManSM.jpg

FatMan2SM.jpg

Last edited:
When a gallery is labeled "Estes - Fatman Gallery", that does not restrict the gallery only to Estes produced rockets. The gallery is for the prototype and all of its derrivatives.

I am moving this thread and tacking it onto the Estes Fatman Gallery. The post from bcanino is right in keeping with the spirit of the place. It's being moved to make handling this section easier and logical for those who are looking to post and those who are looking for particular designs.

Three thumbs up!

Three? Wow.... thanks, Layne!!

Here is another one that I scratched together with parts from Semroc and custom made centering rings from BMS. The motor mount idea is <obviously> based on the amazing Tres design from Mr. Jim Flis. A little more sanding and it will be ready for paint soon....

Tres Fat Boy 1.JPG

Tres fat Boy 4.JPG

Tres Fat Boy 6.JPG

Tres Fat Boy 7 - Copy.JPG

Primer 1 - Copy.jpg

Here is a pic of the four I still have, the fifth is stuck in a tree.

FatBoyFamily1.jpg

Three? Wow.... thanks, Layne!!

Here is another one that I scratched together with parts from Semroc and custom made centering rings from BMS. The motor mount idea is <obviously> based on the amazing Tres design from Mr. Jim Flis. A little more sanding and it will be ready for paint soon....

Very cool!! Can't wait to see the finished product. Three more thumbs up!

Thanks, Jim, Keith and Mark! It is a mount that I made myself based on the FlisKits Tres.

Back