Fliskits - A.C.M.E. Spitfire (SP007) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would post mine but it is still in the bag......picked it up on Saturday.:D

With Wile E. on the cone and lots of random stickers: band-aids, extra metal patches/hatches, dripping green ooze (stole the idea from Carl Tulanko), and even my own "no BATF" sticker. On EMRR.

flis_ds_acme_spitfire05.jpg

flis_ds_acme_spitfire03.jpg

flis_ds_acme_spitfire02.jpg

Gus.... Those are really cool! I can't imagine trying to build 6 all at the same time!

Here are some launch pictures of one of mine on an E11-3J reload....

This is probably the best one I've seen. Very nice!

Ideally, the decals would wrap all the way around and they don't. I couldn't get them wide enough without making them too tall. And there were some limitations to how I could arrange them. With the launch lug standoff on one section and fin 3 extending up into another section, I had to stagger their orientation so you can't see all them from any one angle. But they are on and I'm fairly happy with it all things considered. A couple more light coats of clear coat, the nose weight (gotta remember the nose weight) and she's ready to fly.

Post copied to gallery with permission

ACME10.jpg

ACME11.jpg

ACME12.jpg

ACME13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
rockets5-17-11002.jpg

rockets5-17-11005.jpg

If it says ACME; then you know who has to be behind it.

Ok I actually finished building a Flis Kit. Got a few in the "Get to, someday" pile, but with the others here, decided to get my ACME Spitfire done. Sorry for the busy background on the photos. Messy build table.

P5311696.JPG

P5311697.JPG

P5311698.JPG

P5311699.JPG

It's true...

The A.C.M.E. Spitfire is the perfect canvase for the creative mind :)

great looking models!

I can't imagine any better motivation to buying a FlisKits Acme Spitfire, than seeing a thread like this one. I really have to buy one of these!

I know there are more out there, too. Let's see em!

This would also include the upscales....

What's the largest motor you have stuck in a stock one? Altitude?

LOL! Is it stable? Fantastic idea BTW.

No clue if it's stable, sure hope so... I added a bit more weight than provided (with the kit) to the nose, should be ok. The Bull Pup has always been one of my favorite designs, funny that this is my first one!

Oh that is a thing of beauty! I hope that you are going to be able to attend one of the events I will be at. Would love to see this thing up close! :)

Oh that is a thing of beauty! I hope that you are going to be able to attend one of the events I will be at. Would love to see this thing up close! :)

Thanks for the compliments Jim, and bigger thanks for putting the time in on this kit! I can't imagine what you have into it, it's a dandy! I'm afraid I won't be getting out to your neck of the woods anytime soon, but I'll put video up on the youtube when I get to flying it. Thanks again.

Really Dennis? I've been wondering when you guys would be flying it again! Any pics of the new paint?

Oh...so are those accel based altimeters? I ask because I don't think a baro alt would do well with a body shape like that unless you did something unique with the sampling holes.

The ARTS2 is accellerometer based. The WRC is a wireless remote control. If it does not see apogee I have a button in my hand to make sure the laundry comes out.

Dennis

We got our 3 in this week, plan to build all 3, I build one and my daughters are going to build theirs and it is a bit of a family challenge/contest to who's has the best paint scheme!

More of a challenge than contest, because it's a win win deal for me!! :wink:

2012-06-06 13.45.26.jpg

Welcome to the Fliskits A.C.M.E. Spitfire (SP007) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Fliskits A.C.M.E. Spitfire (SP007) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Fliskits: A.C.M.E. Spitfire: SP007

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Back