Fliskits - A.C.M.E. Spitfire (SP007) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, it's a great idea but then I'm rather biased, but...

It was suggested that we have a thread where folks can display photo's of their A.C.M.E. Spitfire's! Hey, I'm all for a good thread on a FlisKits rocket, so LET'S SEE'EM!

Here is a pic of me with the original proto type. I posted this in answer to someone asking how you SIM such a design. My response? "You just insert it into FlisSIM V1.0, as shown..." :D

+++++++++++++++++++++++MOD EDIT+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I copied this thread to the new gallery section. I think it is a fine example of what this section can become.

Besides, I really like the Spitfire.

JAL3

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, do you remember when this one was made?

Colored and metalic paper from Micheal's for tube wraps.

Cool thread and kewl rocket!:cool: Here is my, or should I say Poindexter's attempt at building a rocket!:roll:

You know what? It actually takes some EFFORT to TRY and get a cruddy paint job..LOL!

Acme Spitfire 001.jpg

Acme Spitfire 006.jpg

Here's mine.. there were these barrels just lying around in the street....

Acme_Spit 001.jpg

Here is my 0.6 Sigma Huneywheel version of the ACME Spitfire. I work for the aerospace division of a large multinational company (which I shall not name :rolleyes:) and we do lots of Six Sigma (or Six Sigmar if you say it like the big boss) and Lean Manufacturing and other stuff.

Six Sigma is the process improvement technique that means your defect rate will be just a few parts per million. The lower the sigma number the more defects you have. This rocket naturally looks like it is closer to 0.6 sigma than 6 sigma.

Hon Spitfire 1.JPG

Hon Spitfire 2.jpg

Hon Spitfire 3.JPG

Hon Spitfire 4.jpg

Hon Spitfire Liftoff.JPG

Here is my 0.6 Sigma Huneywheel version ....This rocket naturally looks like it is closer to 0.6 sigma than 6 sigma.

That's funny! Being in the same boat with 6 sig projects, the 0.6 sig hits home!

Bill - that is AWESOME!

Thanks. It was fun to build.

I don't think I've seen two Acme's that were the same. I got to see yours up close at NARCON. The pictures don't do it justice.

Wilie E Coyote Super Genius recommends the Spitfire for chasing a particular Road Runner! I gotta get her in the air sometime soon!

IMG_3579a.JPG

IMG_3582a.JPG

Wilie E Coyote Super Genius recommends the Spitfire for chasing a particular Road Runner! I gotta get her in the air sometime soon!

Dang! I had the same idea. Now i'll have to come up with something else. After all, we can't have two identical spitfires right?

I don't know when I'll get one, but I saw it and immediately thought: Willie E Coyote.

Thanks Jim

Upscaler, as long as you don't do it the exact same way I think it'll be different enough. I'm not sure how many flights the coyote will survive. He's just a couple of layers of card stock.

I built these for a school demo launch.

First pic shows the six completed Spitfires.

Pics 2, 3, & 4 show a bit of what it's like to build 6 Spitfires at once. :y:

Last pic shows a closeup of my favorite where I put pictures of my family members in each of the windows. That's me from my 6th grade school photo in the top window. :)

Spitfires.jpg

SpitfireBuild1.jpg

SpitfireBuild2.jpg

SpitfireBuild3.jpg

SpitfireBuild4.jpg

Gus.... Those are really cool! I can't imagine trying to build 6 all at the same time!

Here are some launch pictures of one of mine on an E11-3J reload....

SF 1.JPG

SF 2.JPG

SF 3.JPG

SF 4.JPG

SF 5.jpg

I was hoping to see some launch photo's of this guy :) How'd she do??

Looks as good in the air as she does on display!

SMR.... That is a really cool idea you had there! You did a great job on it!

Mine is in the Redstone motiff, but I have an itch to start a a Steampunk.

DSC_0055.jpg

I have a collection of Jayhawks, and the ACME Spitfire seemed a perfect body to "Jayhawk-ize". Thanks, Jim.

I just built a Madcow Jayhawk. Wouldn't it be great to fly the "before" version (Madcow) and the "after" version, or "oops" version (ACME).

LOL

Back