HyperLOC 835

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobD

Reaction score
Hi.
I am getting through my HyperLOC 835 build and I have some questions.

I used 18g wire in my ebay. It seems a bit stiff. A little bigger than I had imagined it. The Marsa4 altimeter doesnt seem to have a problem with it, just me I guess. The wire is flexible but not like Noodle wire.

I am running dual deploy and I am trying to figure out how to handle separation.

Ebay is the break point for the drogue - friction fit it? or other? Not sure what to do since it is cardboard.

For the main, I was going to have it break at the nose cone to push everything out. How do I fasten the body tube to the ebay? Nylon screws? Metal? Size?

I guess I can go back and see if the instructions say anything but I sort of abandoned them early. Not much of an instruction booklet. More like an essay on building.

And should I put a bulkhead in the nose cone instead of fastening to the plastic attachment point?

Fin fillet size? I did a 3/8 inch radius but it looks too small. Suggestions?

Gonna try and complete this for October Skies in 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Rob

For attaching the ebay to payload bay i used pop rivets for my hyperloc 835.Have not done dd yet but i will soon.

by pop rivets, do you mean the metal ones, or the removable plastic ones?

I went ahead and put some larger fillets on tonight. They still are not huge, but I cant see a J motor stressing them that much.

The instructions did say that those could be friction fit or mechanical. I didn't understand their shock cord fastening methods at all, other than to use quick links. They must have replaced their shock cords with a different style as it was pretty confusing to me.

As nice as this kit went together, I do have to say that I prefer fiberglass.

Ok, so bulkhead and eye bolt in the nose cone?

Rob

Hi.
I am getting through my HyperLOC 835 build and I have some questions.

I used 18g wire in my ebay. It seems a bit stiff. A little bigger than I had imagined it. The Marsa4 altimeter doesnt seem to have a problem with it, just me I guess. The wire is flexible but not like Noodle wire.

I am running dual deploy and I am trying to figure out how to handle separation.

Ebay is the break point for the drogue - friction fit it? or other? Not sure what to do since it is cardboard.

For the main, I was going to have it break at the nose cone to push everything out. How do I fasten the body tube to the ebay? Nylon screws? Metal? Size?

I guess I can go back and see if the instructions say anything but I sort of abandoned them early. Not much of an instruction booklet. More like an essay on building.

And should I put a bulkhead in the nose cone instead of fastening to the plastic attachment point?

Fin fillet size? I did a 3/8 inch radius but it looks too small. Suggestions?

Gonna try and complete this for October Skies in 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Rob

I used small metal screws for my main payload to e-bay.
For the nose cone, do not use the plastic loop! I used a hole saw and drilled through the side of the nose cone shoulder so I could put a nut on a eye bolt.
friction fit on the e-bay to the drogue payload. Do not use the elastic shock cord that comes with the kit, Use 9/16 tubular nylon, 15-20ft in each section. I used 20ft. PM if you have any questions

I found a large plastic nose cone in our launch field once. It had the eye bolt ripped out of the nc. Either they didnt put a nut or perhaps no washer. Maybe I will try that for now and do the bulkhead if it doesnt work out or starts failing.

Thanks for the tips on the shock cord too.

Rob

I found a large plastic nose cone in our launch field once. It had the eye bolt ripped out of the nc. Either they didnt put a nut or perhaps no washer. Maybe I will try that for now and do the bulkhead if it doesnt work out or starts failing.

Thanks for the tips on the shock cord too.

Rob

Yeah, I also used a large washer. Also I attached the nose cone 1/3 the way down the shock cord so the main was at the end of the cord then the nose cone.

Back