Those thick black smoke motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite type of black smoke motor also has titanium in it!!!:neener::D

There will also be an F33FJ reload for the 24/60 motor eventually.

I've noticed that both the Black Jack and the Black Max are a bear to clean up after. The last F12J I flew left a LOT of sediment behind.

The G53FJ, while a cool motor, also leaves a lot of junk behind too.

It has some sparks in it but not enough to take away from the thick black smoke...

JD

attachment.php

I've noticed that both the Black Jack and the Black Max are a bear to clean up after. The last F12J I flew left a LOT of sediment behind.
I just clean out my case with baby wipes and it comes right out. But yeah, there's a lot of soot and it takes a few cloths to get it all out. And then it takes about a week to get it all off your hands, unless you remember to wear gloves. (I never seem to do so.)

That's somewhat true with the larger CTI smokies as well though - the M2075 was somewhat of a pain to clean up, with lots of gunk. The small CTIs are fine though - I've flown several 38 and 54, and they clean up just fine, with minimal effort.

[YOUTUBE]FJH3NT1iWcM[/YOUTUBE]

Here is footage of "Pitch black" it is a 6 inch motor, but even the smaller ones do great with that smoke.

Wow, I can almost smell the burnt rubber from here! :D

I am also trying to find anything about "pitch black" and also another I have seen I think it was called crude oil black. anyone know where I can get the formula I had it once but had a flood in the basement this year and 90% of my stuff including my formulas didnt make it. I have been searching the net for 3 days and have come up with nothing.

Oh, and to give an example of how the size affects the appearance, here's a very large smoky - this is my L3 rocket flying at AirFest this year on an M2075 Smoky Sam (CTI):

I've never been a real big fan of the smoky motors, but that looks ridiculous!!

I should fly one as a tribute to LOST. :)

Back