SHX Stiletto Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a 4th test flight with my Stiletto yesterday. The only change from the prior three was to use a spacer ahead of the motor to move it back a little. I had to cut it from a spent case and the actual thickness was .27".

Wind conditions felt very close to what I had flown it in before; very low. We could hardly feel any, but could see the tree tops moving a little in the distance. I used a C6-3 again, friction fit. It boosted straight, with just a slight hint of weathercocking. I was pleased with the result, and plan on modifying the engine hook to match the new motor location. After that it's off to the paint hangar, where I will attempt to not ruin it with a heavy paint job. It gets reasonably high unpainted with the C6-3 and I hope I can keep it close to that. If I can get an actual flight photo then I'll post it.

Awesome John, sounds like you made the required improvements. The stock one isn't a good flyer at all, but with your changes it is much improved.

Mine has made many flights and it's still going strong. I still haven't flown it on a D13 but plan on it this spring. I think you'll enjoy yours a lot.

Mine has made many flights and it's still going strong. I still haven't flown it on a D13 but plan on it this spring. I think you'll enjoy yours a lot.

I built mine for 24mm D12-5 engines. Great results - flew it this last Saturday!
I did enlarge the underside fin like Rocket 86 showed in an earlier post.
That's a necessary modification!

NEFAR 3.24.2018 D.jpg

Back