President Calls for Increase in Model Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the concensus on this thread is that we like that the president mentioned model rocketry in his speech, and we want the federal government to be more involved in our hobby? Be careful what you wish for.:shock:

The consensus is we're happy the President recognizes model rocketry is one way to peak the interest of today's youth in science and engineering careers.

Bob

I wouldn't have worded it quite that way. :D

I think that the idea is that we should "spin" this to our benefit just like the politicians do. We're not asking the president or anyone else to do more than they've already done. I'd just like to see NAR, TRA and anyone else get some mileage out of the comments that the president already made. Boosterdude's promo was sort of tongue-in-cheek but I would love to see NAR do something like that. Heck, there's no reason at all that AIA and TARC couldn't use the president's quote in some of their posters and stuff.

Every little bit helps...

EXACTLY! In a world full of negatives this is one small positive:clap:

Considering how some of this thread went, I figured this is appropriate:

stephen_hawking.png

WOW - Now Obama can appoint a "ROCKETRY CZAR" ! ! !

Indoctrination is most effective when it starts early in life, with the "seed-corn" (children), something Hitler knew all too well !

Hey - the President also supports Jon Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity(though he got the name wrong). We are in good company!:bangbang:

Once again, another postive thread about model rocketry disintegrates into politics...

I'm locking this one, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back