Rockets in Wisconsin?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJY

Reaction score
Looks like I will be transferred from TN to WI.
What kind of support is there for the hobby ie. Clubs, retailers etc?

mostly along the lake michigan shoreline, around Madison I'm lucky to find Estes stuff.

Look up WOOSH and Tripoli Wisconsin. Also check the Wildman Launch Calendar for launches at the Bong Recreational Area in Kenosha.

Good luck, maybe we'll see ya down there.

Check out our brick and mortar page on our web site, we have a few dealers in WI. And if they carry our product they probably have a good selection of other rocket goodies. There may be others that I don't have posted as they get my kits through distributers.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Model Rockets LLC
www.starlightrocketry.com

Make sure to add Midwest Power launch to your list. 3 days over Halloween weekend. Info on Wildmans website, Launches: more fun than adults should be allowed to have and kids too. Tons of Estes stuff are launched.

Tim Lehr is the Wildman and this is his annual regional launch in Princeton Ill. He also attends the Bong launches as a vendor

https://www.wildmanrocketry.com/

If you end up in the Milwaukee area, we have several hobby shops with a variety of vendors represented.

Check out Greenfield News & Hobby, any of the Happy Hobby stores, and, of course, the various Hobbytown USA's, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc...

Looks like I will be transferred from TN to WI.
What kind of support is there for the hobby ie. Clubs, retailers etc?
WOOSH is an active club with a good group of members, in the southeastern corner of the state. Lots of info on our web site, but I'll try to hit some highlights. We have low power launches monthly, all year 'round, at our small launch site. Our high/mid/low power launches, at the Bong state rec. area, are primarily in the summer, but some winter launches are held there tool. There are clubs in nearby IL, and MN too, depending where in WI you end up.

Back