• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Instructions for the Giant Leap Rocketry Nuclear Sledgehammer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rharshberger

Reaction score
I received a partial kit as a gift this weekend, but did it did not have any instructions with it. While I can probably finish it just fine without instructions as its mostly assembled, there are some extra parts I don't know what they are so the instructions would be helpful. I will be reaching out to Giant Leap as well.

I have the original 54mm rocket which the 7.5 is based on if you want to compare.

yeNbdMm.jpg

I have the original 54mm rocket which the 7.5 is based on if you want to compare.

yeNbdMm.jpg

Yes indeed Derek, I would like to get together with you and measure the fins whether or not I get a copy of the instructions. After checking it out the kit is assembled enough that bashing it into something else isn't as attractive as just building it the way it was designed. The only thing not permanently glued is the MMT assembly to the main airframe, parts of the MMT are glue though which makes changing it a bear.

I didn't realize that the individual that gave the kit to me was the original designer of the Nuclear Sledgehammer and the Binder Devastator (I knew he designed the Devastator).

I didn't realize that the individual that gave the kit to me was the original designer of the Nuclear Sledgehammer and the Binder Devastator (I knew he designed the Devastator).

Yes. he said that the kit you have was the first of Giant Leaps run of Nuclear Sledgehammer kits.

Rich, I can drop off the rocket at your house some time and you can get all the measurement you need at your leisure. I don't know if Giant Leap did a straight up scale so there could be differences. PM me and we can set up a time.

Great kit. I pulled mine out over the weekend to start sanding. This weekend I plan to lay more CF and Fiberglass.

I will do a truncated build thread once I have everything rounded up as the rocket is already partially assembled.

Not yet, I can probably get by without them, but there are some un-identified extra parts that may be explained by them. If you still have them would it be possible to get a pdf from you.

Last edited:
CW no need to look anymore. This evening I was contacted by the kits designer (and person I received the kit from) and he had both the missing fins and the original (as in first printed set of instructions from Giant Leap Rocketry) for me, so I now have a set in my possession. Thank you for offering to look.

Back