What do I have here (I believe is part of a Rousetech CD3 System-possibly older one)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rharshberger

Reaction score
This weekend at our clubs launch a member who is moving and will not have time for rocketry in the near future, literally gave away his rocketry stuff. I received a started but partial Giant Leap Rocketry Nuclear Sledgehammer kit which basically is missing only the fins, as all the other components appear to be present. The AV-Bay is complete with what appears to be 2 first gen RRC2 altimeters (each has its own bay) and two what appear to be holders for Co2 cartridges (one black and one red). I also have another bay for a rocket that has two more Co2 holders which are green and has a Perfectflight Mini Alt. All altimeters I believe to be unflown. Attached are pictures of the kit and various parts, help identifying the Co2 holders systems and if I can get the rest of the parts would be awesome.

Pic 1 the holder removed from the AvBay in Pic 2
Pic 3 the RRC3 from one of the two bays in the Nuclear Sledgehammers AvBay cluster the black canister holder is visible under my fingertips.
Pic 4 the Nuclear Sledghammer kit as I have it, everything but the fins, including a chute (appears to be a Cert 3XXL, new and unflown in a Giant Leap Tac-9B deployment bag), a 75mm slimline motor retainer, and a complete set of vinyl decals (I think). Really not much to add to get this kit built and flyable, just a couple of harnesses, a drogue, fins (easy for me once I have the Rocksim/OR file, or maybe I will just design my own to fit the existing slots). The piece of airframe next to the rocket is a section of Loc 5.38".
Pic 5 my 3 year old daughter with the nose cone for scale.

Co2system.jpgCo2system1.jpgCo2system2.jpgNucSledgehammer1.jpgNucSledgehammer2.jpg

I think its the brand sold by Fruity Chutes called peregrine co2 system??? That was very nice of the guy

You don't know the half of it, he gave away thousands of dollars of stuff, mostly completed kits (including electronics and chutes literally RTF), everything from LPR to the 7.5" Nuclear Sledgehammer parts I received, electronics, parachutes, pieces and parts, all kinds of stuff. It was incredible.

Back