How it’s made: cellulose (dog barf) insulation.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my phone never does videos right
[video=youtube;feCb8Tzu8SE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feCb8Tzu8SE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Its usually a bit more than just boric acid, common mixs you can make at home to treat your own TP/Paper towels use a mixture of boric acid ( roach killer) and borax mixed into hot water. I have been meaning to treat a roll of TP to see how well/easy the treatment is to do.

Based on a YouTube video, I made some wadding using 2ply paper towels (with the ply separated) soaked in baking soda saturated water. I used a blender to get as much baking soda as possible to dissolve in the water. I tried TP first, but it was just to flimsy to handle after soaking. The paper towels were then cut to size after drying. I found it will not catch fire, but does smolder for a bit. I just saw another video where the speaker said that paper party streamers (like a $1 a bag full) will work also without any smoldering. Haven't tried that before, but may get some just verify the claim.

Back