what kinds of stupid, funny and weird things...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
would you do to annoy your neighbors if you had millions of dollars? Nothing mean or anything that will cause harm or property damage. Things that they would say "What's that idiot doing now?"

Maybe build a rocket silo in your backyard?

My sister has this thing about bird feeders and bird boxes. She has blue bird boxes and was able to draw some blue birds from her neighborhood, We live in southern California so it's not like in the open areas of the Midwest or anything like that. So she tells me she wants to get an owl box to see if she can draw a couple resident owls. So I asked her "So if I get an clown box will that draw the clowns?" So I would laugh at what my neighbors might think if I built a big jack in box and mounted it on the roof? Have that big dumb stupid head on a spring sway back in forth or have it timed as it plays that song and the head springs out every 15 minutes?

I'd pay one of these churches to hold their 18 wheeler flatbed 'screamer sermons' in the back yard every third night of the week. Of course I will have already moved before that happens. Yeah, they do that around here. Usually on the corner of the major intersection in town. You can hear em for blocks away blowing out their vocal chords.

I'd do a full blown 1/8 scale off-road dirt race track, w/announcer and music. Gas cars only. Races every Thursday and Friday evening. And it would be large enough to run 10 wide. Oh yeah, that would be a blast.

I'd pay one of these churches to hold their 18 wheeler flatbed 'screamer sermons' in the back yard every third night of the week. Of course I will have already moved before that happens. Yeah, they do that around here. Usually on the corner of the major intersection in town. You can hear em for blocks away blowing out their vocal chords.

Lol now that's hilarious. We get protesting in groups on street corners shouting to support their cause or religion or whatever. Many times I thought of launching a few rockets on them. You can hear them all the way down street.

When I was in college I was renting a garage apt. I rescued an injured Great Horned Owl. To get him back to health I would catch birds and feed them to the Owl. Well my landlady did not like that so I found a rehab center and gave them the owl. Well about a month later I was helping my girlfriends little brother build a balsa P-51 Mustang. Well he spilled red paint on the newspapers I had protecting the table. She saw the papers and was convinced it was blood & I still had the Owl! She kicked me out of the apt. No deposit return, I had to move in 2 days.
I still had most of a 5 pound bag of birdseed. The day I moved out she had a bunch of cloths drying on the cloths-line. Well I spread what was left of the birdseed under her 4 cloths-lines. It wasn't a pretty sight!

When I was in college I was renting a garage apt. I rescued an injured Great Horned Owl. To get him back to health I would catch birds and feed them to the Owl. Well my landlady did not like that so I found a rehab center and gave them the owl. Well about a month later I was helping my girlfriends little brother build a balsa P-51 Mustang. Well he spilled red paint on the newspapers I had protecting the table. She saw the papers and was convinced it was blood & I still had the Owl! She kicked me out of the apt. No deposit return, I had to move in 2 days.
I still had most of a 5 pound bag of birdseed. The day I moved out she had a bunch of cloths drying on the cloths-line. Well I spread what was left of the birdseed under her 4 cloths-lines. It wasn't a pretty sight!

That's awesome not that you got kicked out, but hey no deposit return I would have done the same.

Thing is, if I had millions of dollars, I probably wouldn't have any neighbors to annoy. The best "fence" is putting distance between you and the closest neighbor.

Why do you seem to think having millions of dollars means you don't have neighbors? You probably just have richer neighbors and some of them will be jerks. Case in point, if the OP had millions of dollars he would annoy his neighbors.

Why do you seem to think having millions of dollars means you don't have neighbors? You probably just have richer neighbors and some of them will be jerks. Case in point, if the OP had millions of dollars he would annoy his neighbors.

I'm pretty sure he is saying that if he had millions of dollars that he would buy a house in the boondocks where he wouldn't have neighbors.

I'm pretty sure he is saying that if he had millions of dollars that he would buy a house in the boondocks where he wouldn't have neighbors.

I probably would actually and I might I also buy in a neighborhood where the people that live there think theyare better than everyone else and those are the people I would do my best to annoy.

Clearly the answer to this question is a tank (or tanks) parked in front of the house. And a working howitzer that shoots bananas.

How about a full scale glowing replica of “the Gadget” in the front yard complete with military security detail?

Clearly the answer to this question is a tank (or tanks) parked in front of the house. And a working howitzer that shoots bananas.

That is not a bad idea.

At one time, I came across a demilled Nike Ajax on a trailer for sale. That would be cool to have in the front yard.

I was watching Stargate last night. I was explaining the idea to my wife in which the front door of the house would be converted into a full scale Stargate for geek giggles.

My back neighbor seems to like very loud music at any time, day or night.

If funds were unlimited, I'd hire the Doobie Brothers and Metallica to play a concert in my back yard. Every third night, for a year.

You like it loud, buddy?

The other neighbor lets his labrador run loose. Order him a LARGE delivery of... Fertilizer. (I cleaned that up pretty good.)

Pretty much. We hope to retire to a place big enough for a huge garden, a big pole barn for hobbies, and space for horses. Having "millions of dollars" would allow that to be more of a ranch than a farm-ette.

Every Wed. evening, superglue a couple of hundred dollar bills to my sidewalk, then watch the morons try to pry them loose without destroying them.......lol

Then as a crowd gathers, start to offer money if they do stupid stuff.......dance in your wife's underwear.

Pour mayonnaise on each other. Just watch folks do anything for money......that's my way to annoy.:lol:
Then pay them with well made counterfeit money and laugh even more when they get caught trying to spend...

"Wed night game money"

PS in reality I had no reason to aggravate anyone. I would just move to my dream house in Fiji. Grass shack on the beach with hammock between 2 palm trees. With a couple of beautiful maidens to bring me Pina-Coladas all day long dressed only in grass skirts.

Of course if I REALLY wanted to annoy my ex-neighbors.....send them pics of my Fiji situation.......at least the men.

Last edited:
Not meant as a prank, but it easily could have turned into one. I tried to make one of those water absorbing neck cooling cloths that is filled with that natural gel used to retain water for plants. Well, after a few days of use the ones I had made and started to use took on a strong funk, and I didn't use all of the gel. Being a natural product, and something that might help the plants, I spread it into the bark of my apartment, near the tree, and around the bushes. The next time it rained, I had these areas that looked like ice all around the plants. That stuff is really slick when it's saturated. Took forever to get most of it out of the bark before I moved out.

I'd buy a small car like a Yaris and have a wrap applied to it with their photo and phone number along with something professional looking like "free auto insurance quotes". I'd wait till they went to work so they wouldn't see it, back it out of the garage then proceed to drive it around town with a smile on my face thinking of all the "strange calls" my neighbor would be getting that day. Yup, pretty sure that's what I'd do.

Why the h*** would anyone want to purposely annoy their neighbors?

I do not mean doing something that just happens to annoy neighbors, but to intentionally do it for the primary reason of annoying neighbors?

Only total jerks do that.

Every Wed. evening, superglue a couple of hundred dollar bills to my sidewalk, then watch the morons try to pry them loose without destroying them.......lol

Then as a crowd gathers, start to offer money if they do stupid stuff.......dance in your wife's underwear.

Pour mayonnaise on each other. Just watch folks do anything for money......that's my way to annoy.:lol:
Then pay them with well made counterfeit money and laugh even more when they get caught trying to spend...

"Wed night game money"

PS in reality I had no reason to aggravate anyone. I would just move to my dream house in Fiji. Grass shack on the beach with hammock between 2 palm trees. With a couple of beautiful maidens to bring me Pina-Coladas all day long dressed only in grass skirts.

Of course if I REALLY wanted to annoy my ex-neighbors.....send them pics of my Fiji situation.......at least the men.

I used to do the same thing but with quarters and epoxy clay. Hilarioues to watch. I used throw a few nickels and pennies. I'm surprised because at some point they did the quarter pried up. What people would do for a quarter.

Why the h*** would anyone want to purposely annoy their neighbors?

I do not mean doing something that just happens to annoy neighbors, but to intentionally do it for the primary reason of annoying neighbors?

Only total jerks do that.

I agree George. I would actually use money for good things to help people.

I believe most of us would generally be kind and caring toward our fellow earthlings, however many of us have had neighbors who have stretched us to the limit of our abilities to conduct ourselves as such. To that end, a well placed and firmly tongue-in-cheek violation of zoning and/or HOA regulations could be the exact antidote for what ails us. How about a full size Mercury Redstone with true to scale launch facilities and attached soup kitchen, animal shelter, and wild bird rescue center served by environmentally friendly zero emission public transportation services. A poll could be taken to see what other community services could be offered to mitigate the disruptions caused by the occasional on pad booster failure and ensuing neighborhood contamination.

Lesson learned, don't need to win a million bucks to annoy George. Just fun conversation takes care of that.

o545bbw.jpg

I don't deliberately try to annoy any neighbors, but do occasionally do unlikely work in my driveway.
Here is a post from my other blog over on LumberJocks.com

I WONDER WHAT THE NEIGHBORS THINK?
Not that I am one who really cares all that much.
Being a hand tool woodworker sometimes has its moments when the neighbors probably have to do a double take when they see what goes on occasionally in the handsawgeek driveway.
“What is that weirdie in the cowboy hat doing now?”
Once in a while, when the weather is nice outside, and I have some particularly large boards to break down to rough size, or a messy project to work on, I will haul a tote full of hand tools and the saw bench up the stairs from the Basement Annex, and set up a temporary ‘shop’ out on the front driveway.
On several occasions, they have observed me merrily hacking away at planks with rip and cross-cut handsaws, or poking holes in another piece of wood with a brace and bit, or using this humongous hand drill (breast drill) to drive screws. Or cutting up logs with a buck saw. Or knocking the bark and knots off the same logs on a portable stump with a hatchet.
“Why can’t this guy be normal like everyone else and use a REAL saw? Or a Makita Drill/Driver? Or a chain saw?”
Good questions, these…
Occasionally, one of them will wander over to take a closer look and ask a few questions. I usually make it a point to show them the tools and how they work.
The ones who exhibit a little more than passing curiosity might even be lucky enough to get a quick tour of the handsawgeek Basement Annex shop!
One such neighbor was actually on his way to possibly becoming a Neanderthal convert, but he moved from the neighborhood before that could come to fruition. It’s my hope that at least a wee bit of ‘handsaw-geekiness’ might have influenced him during his visits.
I think that once they see the processes of working with hand tools, how efficient they can be, and that I actually seem to be having fun with them, things no longer appear to be quite as mysterious to them.
“That was pretty cool! Maybe this guy isn’t such a weirdie after all!”
Of course, there’s still the matter of the cowboy hat……

Back