Eid Mubarak!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boatgeek

Reaction score
For our Muslim friends and neighbors, today is the last day of Ramadan and a celebration much like Easter or Christmas.

In Scientology, L Ron Hubbard teaches us that fasting during Ramadan is a good way to get rid of thetans, and achieve OT level VII faster.

More seriously, in my day job, I'm interacting every day with people from around the world, of many different faiths (or lack of faith). Everyone just wants to make a living and lead a happy life.

We visited Egypt a few years ago and stayed with an American in Cairo who worked for the U.S. State Department as a military liaison with the Egyptian military. He told us how the Egyptian men would drag themselves into the office for a few days after Ramadan ended. They were exhausted. He was truly puzzled and asked why they were so tired as Ramadan and the fasting requirements were over. They told him that their wives, mothers and sisters had these huge feasts to celebrate the end of Ramadan and that they were up into the wee hours of the morning and got very little sleep. He said that Egypt was a patriarchal society and that as men they should have said no to the women. They looked at him like he was an idiot and said that they couldn't possibly say no to their wives, mothers and sisters.

Things are pretty much the same everywhere, right guys?

We visited Egypt a few years ago and stayed with an American in Cairo who worked for the U.S. State Department as a military liaison with the Egyptian military. He told us how the Egyptian men would drag themselves into the office for a few days after Ramadan ended. They were exhausted. He was truly puzzled and asked why they were so tired as Ramadan and the fasting requirements were over. They told him that their wives, mothers and sisters had these huge feasts to celebrate the end of Ramadan and that they were up into the wee hours of the morning and got very little sleep. He said that Egypt was a patriarchal society and that as men they should have said no to the women. They looked at him like he was an idiot and said that they couldn't possibly say no to their wives, mothers and sisters.

Things are pretty much the same everywhere, right guys?

Sounds like you've just described the Super Bowl.

For our Muslim friends and neighbors, today is the last day of Ramadan and a celebration much like Easter or Christmas.

I thought religious posts...

Were forbidden here...

Or is it only Christian...

Religious posts that...

Are forbidden...

Honestly. Just listen to yourself.

Happy holidays of any and every kind to/from everywhere.

We could all use plenty more reasons to rest from our labor & hang out with fellow humans.

Last edited:
I thought religious posts...

Were forbidden here...

Or is it only Christian...

Religious posts that...

Are forbidden...

Go back to the Happy Easter post. The mods defended you putting up a basic [happy religious holiday] post and said that a similar post for any other religion was acceptable so long as it didn't bash anyone or promote the religion beyond celebrating the holiday. Threads got locked because people couldn't stick to [happy religious holiday] and had to go on telling what other people should believe.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand...

"Merry Christmas" is perfectly fine.

"Happy Easter" is perfectly fine.

"Eid Mubarak" is perfectly fine.

It's all just season's greetings and good tidings and such. Mostly harmless.

The problem arises when one can't stop themselves at the harmless greeting, and feel compelled to start proselytizing at every opportunity.

I'm wishing everyone harmless greetings and a joyous Friday without any Nordic, Druidic or Wiccan overtones. Oh, and Happy Day before Swap Meet Saturday. They are real...I've seen 'em!

a simple description and/or statement of fact (and the OP showing some respect)

Eid Mubarak or (Arabic: عيد مبارك‎) is a Muslim greeting reserved for use on the festivals (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_Mubarak)

---
So.. lets try
"We all like rockets and should put our focus into them on this forum", and
Shabbat shalom (it is after dark on Friday)

Back