Simple LED "lamp"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LW Bercini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I admit it, when it comes to electronic components, I am naive. But I'm hoping that some of you can direct me to a simple solution to a "problem" I'm trying to solve

I do prop work for a community theater. Our next production, "Peter and the Star Catcher", requires me to make two amulets that can be controlled by the actors to make a glowing light (green preferred). It has to be small enough that it can be easily camouflaged on the back side of the amulet. Rather than have a switch, it should use some kind of pressure-sensitive way to complete the circuit. I assume that means an LED, a wafer battery, and a contact switch.

I am not the least bit savvy about doing my own electronics work, so if there is something that available commercially, that would be ideal.

Thanks for any help you can give.

I do prop work for a community theater. Our next production, "Peter and the Star Catcher", requires me to make two amulets that can be controlled by the actors to make a glowing light (green preferred). It has to be small enough that it can be easily camouflaged on the back side of the amulet. Rather than have a switch, it should use some kind of pressure-sensitive way to complete the circuit. I assume that means an LED, a wafer battery, and a contact switch.
How large are these amulets? If something about 2.6" diameter isn't too big, then maybe something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KD3BRIS/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Paint the casing, put a piece of coloured clear plastic over the light, and one of these things could perhaps be the entire amulet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what he is looking for is more like a jeweled necklace amulet. If you ever saw the movie Dragon Slayer, the wizards apprentice had to smash the amulet when it started glowing bright (toward the end of the movie) This is a bad example but probably the right size. I think a puc light might be a little too big.

Attachments

• amulet.jpg
    amulet.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 32
Back