MDRA ESL #239 June 16 - 17; who's coming and whatcha bringing?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
I will be there Saturday. Weather looks to be gorgeous -- sunny, no wind, high of 83. I will be focusing on my kids and their first foray into MPR. I will probably also launch my Formula 75 on an H or small I.

I plan to be there on Saturday. I don't have much to fly at the sod farm right now, maybe only my 2.6" DX3. And maybe my Upscale Onyx. My Frenzy XL has not been repaired yet since a minor fin root edge crack at Red Glare.

I don't think we'll see Tom, since he is going to URRF the following weekend. Since the weather forecast is for winds below 4 MPH, I am going to step up my altitude a little, I think. Look forward to seeing the mid-scale Higgs, if you bring it.

I'll bring it, for display only.

Tom told me about a week ago that he would be at the sod farm this month.

I'll be there with my 19 year old daughter, Lauren. We'll be flying a newly built BSD 4" Horizon that was actually the first HPR kit I ever bought back in 2001, just didn't get around to it until now. Converted it to zipperless and put a LOC Baffle in as the main tube to parachute bay coupler. Funny to look back on it now, but the fin slots were not pre-cut, and I was intimidated at that and bought a BSD 38 Special to L1 cert on (with pre-cut slots) about 7 years later. But, always kept the Horizon in a box, and it told me a month ago it *had* to be built. Easy motor for the first flight, an Aerotech H242T.

Also got a new Aerotech Arreaux on a G64W.

Last edited:
I’m planning on being there on being there on Sunday morning. With the low wind predicted I’m thinking about using a H73 black jack on my Vulcanite. Aside from that I’ll probably burn a few G motors.

Video from a flight yesterday...
[video=youtube;d2IzRKuBm2A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2IzRKuBm2A&t=1s[/video]

Back