High Resolution Rocket Drawing For Class Project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewW

Reaction score
My 6yo son has to do a science project for school. We talked about it and he decided he would like to do something with Rockets. One of the things we thought of doing is making up a poster board with a drawing of a rocket outlining some of the parts.

I searched google but everything I could find was very low resolution. If anyone has an image they can share or can provide a link to one it would be greatly appreciated. It can be of a model or real rocket but preferably something with fins.

I don't suppose this is helpful:
attachment.php

The other images are good but what I am having trouble with is finding one that looks good when printed at 11x17 or larger

Offer some creatively:

Print out the crappy low res one at the size you want. Have your son then trace over it onto a new sheet. He gets a little bit of 'hands on' and can choose the colours he wants.. And it'll look like more effort on his part, than 'dad printed out a picture for him to glue onto a sheet of poster board' . Tape the sheets to a window / patio door to get a better 'see thru' for tracing (a poor man's light box..)

Offer some creatively:

Print out the crappy low res one at the size you want. Have your son then trace over it onto a new sheet. He gets a little bit of 'hands on' and can choose the colours he wants.. And it'll look like more effort on his part, than 'dad printed out a picture for him to glue onto a sheet of poster board' . Tape the sheets to a window / patio door to get a better 'see thru' for tracing (a poor man's light box..)

Something like that is what I was thinking about when I recommended the images from Nasa. They would probably work okay.

I am glad I was too lazy to type more. Your suggestions are more complete that I was going to offer.

Despite not having kids, I'm big on making them 'do stuff'. My parents did (push me)!

I remember one guy in the class, a bit of a brain, who had this lovely terrarium built for our ecology class (class project - build an 'ecosystem'). He did get great marks for it, but when we all think about it now... $$$ and parents made a lot of his grades..

Thanks everyone. I agree that having him do stuff is important and he is working on his actual experiment for the most part by himself. I just wanted to send him with a picture to help add a little to his presentation but I like the tracing idea and may go with that.

Then again, you could try any rocket you like using OpenRocket (such as one of my .ork files) and use the 3D Unpainted layer. Below is a highly modified image of the internals and externals (cutaway view) of the Binder Design Excelerator:

Or this one, that I externalized the internal components... (That's the difference 5 months of practice makes).

Here's a cutaway of the new Quest Q-Jet Motor:

showthread.php

So here is what he came up with. He is also bringing one of the Estes PS II rockets we built together to talk about how it works He will also be doing a quick experiment with a balloon rocket on a string. Thanks for all the ideas.

IMG_6474.jpg

Back