Mega Magg - Stock Build?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary7

Reaction score
Have a Mega Magg I want to build stock (or maybe with electronics in the nose). NO (other) nose weight at all. Anyone else done this? What motors are you flying it on?

I have read and reread all the different threads on the Minie Magg regarding instability and nose weight and the short, stubby aft transition and which motors and wind and CP/CG etc,. etc,. etc.

I had one ages ago, built stock with no nose weight. Motor ejection. Don't go crazy with gluing the fins.
I used AT G125 when launching without a waiver and H 200 somethings at a regular launch.

M

I had one ages ago, built stock with no nose weight. Motor ejection. Don't go crazy with gluing the fins.
I used AT G125 when launching without a waiver and H 200 somethings at a regular launch.

M

Mark

I don't think he is going to fly the Mega on a G-H reloads

Gary,

I built mine with a 4" tube in the nosecone. So, it is dual deploy with the altimeter and main chute housed in the nosecone. Even with the mass of the chute, harness, etc. up in the cone, I still added a bit of weight to the tip of the cone. Just like any other rocket, calculate the CP, and adjust the CG with the actual rocket.

Only one flight so far: Aerotech K1103X for a rockin' flight to 4600'. Great rocket:motor combo!

Good luck with the build...it's a neat rocket!

Back