what's on your workbench?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My workbench is on my virtual workbench. I just moved into a new house recently and need to build workbenches and cabinets to get my garage/rocket shop functional again. But in a box, somewhere in the garage, is a Der Red Max, a Go Devil 38, a Mongoose 38, and a Carbon Tomach 54. I'm hoping to have two of those ready to fly in July, but that's looking less and less likely now.

Right now I’m working on a fin can and motor mount for a Loc doorknob.
G8gjEb.jpg

cX2QEL.jpg

I'm trying to clean off my bench!

so far, so good, except the bits from the LOC Goblin I got at NSL. Broke the box down to better store / squirrel it away.

must.. resist.. the.. urge......

:D

Yes it’s their Modular Motor Mount Adapter or MMAS as Loc calls it. Very nice sturdy system.

I have the new LOC Goblin, and comes with this "quick switch" MMT system. Still on the fence about it.. It seems to be adding more weight (to the back end) for smaller motors.. I'm leaning towards new CRs, and just make it 38mm..

I’m a fan of through the wall fins and not a fan of the Loc ‘n’ Fin system. Thought you were going TTW on your.Doorknob. Now that I think about it, TTW could add a lot of weight on an 7-8” diameter rocket. The MMAS probably adds less weight in a Loc ‘n’ fin set up so no harm no foul.

Have Aeropack motor mount adapters for 24 through 54mm tubes so my larger rockets (5.5” dia) are all built with 54mm motor mounts for use with 38mm motors (wider choice of motors than 54mm).

I have the new LOC Goblin, and comes with this "quick switch" MMT system. Still on the fence about it.. It seems to be adding more weight (to the back end) for smaller motors.. I'm leaning towards new CRs, and just make it 38mm..

Toying with the idea of buying one of these new Goblin kits.

I have four Goblins already. It’s a sickness, I tell you!

Back