i dont know where to post this

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spankey

Reaction score
Hello all,I live in kitsap county Washington I was into model rockets in school then life got between me and rockets. well now its been many years(bought a mosquito for 99 cent that's how long ago it was) I just started building them again and now I have rockets and have no clue where to launch them. so does anyone have any ideas of where to launch in kitsap county please cant be more then an hour or so drive? I only have lpr right now.
any help would be greatly APRECIATED

welcome to the forum, and welcome back to the hobby.
while I don't know if these folks are 'local' but they might be a place to start; https://sparc.rocketclub.org/
there are a few clubs in WA and at least one WA resident posts here :). hth
Rex

lol that's not local there on the opposite side of the state. I tried even asking the only local hobby shop and they had no clue

lol that's not local there on the opposite side of the state. I tried even asking the only local hobby shop and they had no clue

Spankey,
Both NAR and Tripoli have web pages that include lists or maps showing where their local clubs (called Sections or Prefectures) are.
For NAR see this page (it was slow to open for me just now, but you probably have better internet service than me).
https://www.nar.org/find-a-local-club/nar-club-locator/
There are several in the Seattle area but most appear to be on the other side of the sound from Kitsap County. The Puget Sound Rocketry Club is one:
https://www.nar.org/local_club/puget-sound-rocketry-club-pscr-763/

For Tripoli see this page:
https://www.tripoli.org/Prefectures/mapID/8/hsid/0/shsc/True
For Tripoli I see one Prefecture in the Puget Sound area.

Spankey, PM BEC (Bernard Cawley) here on TRF he is over on the dark side with you of WA. There is Washington Aerospace Club (west side) and Tri Cities Rocketeers ( Pasco), as well as SPARC ( Spokane), WHiP ( Walla Walla), Blue Mountain Rocketeers ( Dayton), and several other clubs around the state. The ones I listed all have and regularly fly HPR fields. AFAIK the only HPR fields in the state are on the Central/ East side.
BEMRC ( Boeing Employees Rocket Club) is I believe mostly MPR and LPR rocketry.

Last edited:
I emailed the town recreation director here and she told me of a local place.

The other option is to find an open space / field, knock on the owners door and ask them...

Good luck and post up some photo's of your birds...

I can't help you find a local club, but I can echo the general sentiment that you should try your darnedest to get yourself to a club launch. It is a completely different experience from launching by yourself, and you will learn a lot in a hurry, especially if you've been away from the hobby for a while.

Launching on your own is of course great also.

I don't think there are any clubs on that side of the Sound anymore now that Sequim 4-H seems to be gone. My co-worker who lives in Bremerton launches LPR at Mountain View middle school. In general, I think people are pretty reasonable as long as you're launching on grass and not being stupid.

Washington Aerospace Club has one LPR/MPR launch a month at 60 Acres Park in Redmond January-April. Those are well attended fun events as long as the weather cooperates. It would be worth trekking over to this side for one of those.

There was a club up near Port Townsend that did LPR. I don't know if they are still launching. They have invited me up to their launches, but it is about a three hour drive for me. Mountain View, as mentioned by boatgeek, maybe the same club? I fly locally on a cattle ranch when I get the time. Good luck on finding a field, I feel for you.

well I was just informed by a teacher in the area that the parks and schools are allowed I
as long as there G engines or less and you follow the field size set by NAR its actually in the county and city ordinances. oh and it has to be 2 miles from a military base. thank you all who responded ands since mountain view meets those that's my new launch site. Oh an this fall there starting a club in Poulsbo. that I cant wait for :D

Back