After 20 years Aleene’s Tacky glue is still the best stuff in my build box.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DankMemes

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Man I love this stuff grabs on to fins and tubes immediately and is thick so it doesn’t run.

from the first time I swiped a bottle out of moms craft box over 25 years ago, I still use this stuff all the time.

Just sayin....

I first started using Alleene’s when I was looking for a fast but not too grabby water-cleanup glue for a group build of Estes Make-It Take-It kits at the Museum of Flight. As time goes on I find I am using for more and more applications. It also doesn’t shrink as much as either Elmer’s white or any yellow glues.

So yes - agreed. It’s good stuff.

(I would even use it for Kevlar in a tri-fold mount for most if not all LPR size/weight rockets - to link back to that other thread....)

Scanning thru old R&D reports there was one that said Alleene's was tested as the best way to attach shroud lines to plastic parachutes. I bought a tube based on that, but haven't tried it yet.

Hmmmmm...... maybe if one was to glue them.

I've found these to be even better. Stick on the canopy so that you have a Tyvek loop to which to tie the shrouds. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XQ9I4WI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I learned about this approach building a New Way Spacemodels kit, which uses square ones like this (of course). I expect the one package I bought to be essentially a lifetime supply. I also use them to repair plastic 'chutes that have torn shroud line holes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The assumption is that we're not still using the 20 to 25 year old bottles of it?

Back