The Quinatious Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OC_Rocket_Man

Reaction score
Picked up my new MadCow Quinatious. So here's the start. 1 rocket 2 build that's #3 in the build order with 4" BT and 5 fins of fury. Gotta say I think it looks really mean with my PML parabolic tipped nose cone sitting on it.
Quinatious Dry Fit.jpgQuinatious Head On.jpgQuinatious Patrs.jpgQuinatious Stubby Nose.jpg

Very interesting - I love 5 / 6 finned kits. Looks like it would enjoy 2 grain Loki motors.

Looks similar to my modded Squat. I love flying it on 3 gain 38’s. I cut the base of the nose cone off and put the shock cord attachment in the tip of the cone. The chute rides in the nose. Good flying bird. I plan on sending it up on a J at Airfest.

The Quinatious is a based on a MadCow 4" Squat kit with a 38mm mount. The body tube was slotted for five fins instead of three.

It will make me learn some new things. An 8" MMT in a 12" BT doesn't even let the nose cone seat properly. So i'll be whacking off the base and part of the nose cone shoulder, putting the laundry in the nose cone etc. Nothing groundbreaking obviously but new for me.

I used a bulkhead to attach the shock cord to the nose. I thing it was a 38mm bulkhead. Anyway, I glued it in place then drilled holes through the side into the bulkhead and secured with 1/8th inch brass rods trimmed flush on the outside. Strong as an ox.

I used a bulkhead to attach the shock cord to the nose. I thing it was a 38mm bulkhead. Anyway, I glued it in place then drilled holes through the side into the bulkhead and secured with 1/8th inch brass rods trimmed flush on the outside. Strong as an ox.

My "plan" involves:

1. Hacking off the NC base and a bunch of the shoulder.

2. Installing an initial lead/epoxy slug in the NC tip with screws to anchor it.

3. A two piece bulkplate setup installed in the NC. One centering style ring affixed with epoxy/screws and another bulkplate ring that is removable and screws into the affixed bulkplate. This will be my forward shock cord attachment point as well as how I adjust NC ballast.

4. A stubby piston setup so I can avoid chute protectors and such. The piston front edge and nose cone rear edge will essentially form a chamber for the laundry/JLCR/really small drogue.

Back