Upsale Big Daddy or Der red Max?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Der Red Max, Big Daddy or other

• Der Red Max Upscale

• Big Daddy Upscale

• design somethign else / scratch it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can someone state as to WHY a DRM is sooooo popular and overdone? I don't really care for the design of them so always wondered what the attraction is.

Can someone state as to WHY a DRM is sooooo popular and overdone? I don't really care for the design of them so always wondered what the attraction is.
Different people like different things? MDRM especially is pretty great on something nice and smokey.

If you have to ask the question it cant be explained. Possibly the same reason the Phoenix is overdone.

If you have to ask the question it cant be explained. Possibly the same reason the Phoenix is overdone.

I just knew someone would throw out that remark.... just like the reply you get when you ask someone why they ride a motorcycle.... "if you have to ask..."
The Phoenix is nowhere near as overdone as the DRM from what I have seen. But hey... it's not a competition.

I saw a lot of DRM at NSL.. There seemed to be one on the pad at any given time..

as for the Phoenix, the same can be said about the AMRAAM..

how about a 4" ACME Spitfire?
here is the kit version
SBC426f.jpg

I overdo DRM because DBRM was my second rocket and the one that came with my first launch pad. In the way kids do things, I bought my first rocket (a Falcon Commander) for myself at the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center on a school field trip. I had to borrow money from the teacher to get it. She tried to explain that I needed lots more stuff to fly it and that it was not the lowest skill level, but i would not be denied. So I got it home, and that weekend my dad helped me build it and went to the toy store and got the DBRM launch set with the Big Foot pad. After a couple of neighborhood flights I took the stuff to school and my teacher let me launch it with the class watching.

Back