Where to buy Liners for 54 & 75mm EX.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayco

Desert Rat Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
When we bought Jim Rossen's stuff, we got a bunch of casting tubes for 38, 54 and 75mm motors. There were a few liners, but mostly for 54mm. We would like to buy good quality liners. Anybody got a source?

When we bought Jim Rossen's stuff, we got a bunch of casting tubes for 38, 54 and 75mm motors. There were a few liners, but mostly for 54mm. We would like to buy good quality liners. Anybody got a source?

John Lyngdal used to be a good source for the Kosdon/AMW/Loki sized case and casting liners. I thought Loki sold them also.

Last edited:
John Lyngdal used to be a good source for the Kosdon/AMW/Loki sized case and casting liners. I thought Loki sold them also.

I don't know John Lyngdal - anybody have contact info?

Loki liners are great....but he sells sets.....and his store is down.

Thank you, I'll pm him

John Lyngdal doesn't sell liner/casting tubes sets anymore.

If you only need liners, it will be difficult to match casting tubes to someone else's liners. They are typically made as a set with close tolerances.

RCS/AT has liners for 75mm, but they are expensive and may not match the casting tubes you have. The ID of the RCS liners may not fit well on the liner overlap for AMW/Loki/etc closures. Dimensions are given on their website.

John Lyngdal doesn't sell liner/casting tubes sets anymore.

If you only need liners, it will be difficult to match casting tubes to someone else's liners. They are typically made as a set with close tolerances.

RCS/AT has liners for 75mm, but they are expensive and may not match the casting tubes you have. The ID of the RCS liners may not fit well on the liner overlap for AMW/Loki/etc closures.

Valid points, however we have already matched our casting tubes to the ARR and Loki liners and flown with success. Thanks for the update about John Lyngdal.

It is good to know that John Lyngdal no longer provides these.

You might want to see what Paramount Tube would charge for a batch. You’d have to measure the OD of your casting tube and the ID of your cases and provide a set of tolerances. I’ve never ordered anything from them, but I recall their name from similar past discussions.
https://paramounttube.com

It is good to know that John Lyngdal no longer provides these.

You might want to see what Paramount Tube would charge for a batch. You’d have to measure the OD of your casting tube and the ID of your cases and provide a set of tolerances. I’ve never ordered anything from them, but I recall their name from similar past discussions.
https://paramounttube.com

Thank you - this is in the direction I was looking to go

Loki has sold liners separate from casting tubes before. Give them a call, might be able to do something even with the web-store down.

Back